What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Water in passenger footwell.

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here.
Can anyone help?
There is a loud sloshing water noise coming from the passenger sill so I took the carpets up to find a load of water in the front and back footwell. It is also in the passenger sill.
I managed to get a pipe into the 2 holes in the bottom of the door entrance and suck a load of water 20210227_140504.jpgout.
I am now in the process of drying the carpets out. I have only just bought the car but I suspect the water has been in a long time.
I have taken out the plastic scuttle and wiper motor but couldn't see any obvious blockages.
I think it may be coming in the passenger door but not sure how check it.
Anyone had any previous experience of this?
Thanks.

chrismac

Reaction score
The footwell being the lowest point would be the obvious place for water to collect.
There was a lot of discussion on the 406 Coupe forum as a lot of owners were having the problem, Maybe its something common to Peugeots.

Check that the vents are not blocked with leaves and crud - there are drain points underneath that may be blocked and directing water inside the cabin.

1614551620062.png