What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Water coolant problem resulted in new engine

A

Anonymous

Hi
Just tought I should share my experience with my 156thp engine and the service from Peugeot in Norway.
When I got the car last year i noticed that there was quite a lot of white smoke when I accelerated, and I also observed the coolant level going down over time.
After 8000 km I had the coolant level warning displayed.I topped it up again and the alarm dissapeared.
When the car was going in for the 15000km service I mentioned this problem regarding the cooling water. Later the same day when I was picking up the car they said they wanted to investigate more. They wanted the car back in to inspect the head gasket. After 4 weeks I had the car back, head gasket was not replaced, they replaced the whole engine instead!!
What they observed during their inspection was rust on the cylinder walls.
The new engine has now runned 4000km, and things are looking good for the moment regarding coolant level.