What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

warranty

A

Anonymous

hi my rcz is coming up for its first mot in july is this when the warranty runs out and do Peugeot get in touch to see if you wish to extent it,my rcz is a hdi and its only done 16000

A

Anonymous

U will usually receive a letter giving u different options of which level of extended warranty u'd like. Ranging from basic components to drivetrain or total coverage each will tell u wots covered or not and each will be more expensive the more protection u'd prefer. Prices my last car was £300 for total protection but I've no idea wot RCZ will be.

A

Anonymous

I thought that you needed to take out this "extended warranty" at the time of purchase. I was not aware that itcould be taken out 3 years down the line?

A

Anonymous

When ur cars 3 year old u'll automatically get form for renewal well i always did anyway different manufacture but u'd expect them all to do it surely, another way for em to get ur hard earned dough from u.

A

Anonymous

Some on-line quotes from Warranty Direct a couple of months back (for RCZ GT HDi):

Franchise Dealer:
1 Year: £476.90
2 Years: £906.11
3 Years: £1,311.47

Independent Dealer:
1 Year: £366.85
2 Years: £697.01
3 Years: £1,008.84.

Don't bother ticking the don't contact me just yet box - you'll get a call from them within 30 seconds of the quote coming through :brickwall:

See what the Peugeot Letter comes up with.
Mine due in September 2013.

A

Anonymous

Yea that's why on all them comparison websites i always make up a phone number. Some other poor sod then gets the 3rd degree. Is me bad.

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Some on-line quotes from Warranty Direct a couple of months back (for RCZ GT HDi

See what the Peugeot Letter comes up with.
Mine due in September 2013.
Not wishing to sound too thick. What exactly would you receive if you was to pay this sum of cash to them?

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Yea that's why on all them comparison websites i always make up a phone number. Some other poor sod then gets the 3rd degree. Is me bad.

:clap: :D
Like It :thumbup:

OO58RON said:
What exactly would you receive if you was to pay this sum of cash to them?

Warranty Cover for a RCZ GT HDi :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

So that would be warranty from 3 years to 6 years old? Would they ever pay out do you think? or would everything be "fair ware & tare"

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
So that would be warranty from 3 years to 6 years old? Would they ever pay out do you think? or would everything be "fair ware & tare"

Agreed. They would worm their way out of paying for repairs somehow.

A

Anonymous

Well they repaired all on my last car. Even after I'd traded it in for my RCZ there was a faulty wheel bearing and seat belt hand over, but they told Peugeot dealer to bring it back and they fixed it under the warranty.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
OO58RON said:

Agreed. They would worm their way out of paying for repairs somehow.
I would NEVER buy a 'warranty' again after an experience I had - it is not a 'warranty' it is an insurance policy, and they can and do try to avoid paying at all costs.

I had a full warranty that covered wear and tear, full drive train, all electrics, even MOT failures, so when my gearbox started jumping out of 6th into neutral under moderate acceleration I took it in expecting it to be repaired. They sent an engineer to inspect it and alledged that the engineers report was inconclusive as it could not identify the part that had failed, and I would have to pay at my expense to have the gearbox removed, dismantled and inspected to identify the cause of the failure at a cost of over £600 to me, at which point I suspect they would have tried to claim it was inflicted by user abuse and they would not have paid leaving me with a car in bits and a very empty wallet.

All I can say is, avoid warranty companies like the plague - if peugeot offer an extension and it is on the same terms as the original warranty (eg as long as it is serviced correctly they will fix all faults with no quibbles) then that may be different.

A

Anonymous

Yea stick to the one from the manufacturer it'll maybe be more expensive, but u'll be fully covered if out goes wrong.

A

Anonymous

Now...I did look into this for the future and I unearthed a company that has very positive reviews who will actually repair or replace parts (with official Peugeot parts) that are even worn through regular wear and tear (something that Peugeot won't do). I may have mentioned them on this forum in the past but i will try to remember where I put the name of them and provide the name on here. I haven't actually used them so am not personally endorsing them nor is the forum but they may be of interest to you. Now...where did I make a record of them....? :eusa-think:

Trucker

Reaction score
My warranty runs out on 28th May and I'm also wondering about extended warranties. Have a GT 156 manual.

Peugeot website today quotes £219.90 for 1 yr extended.

WarrantyDirect quotes £459.86 for 1 yr or £873.73 for 2 yrs at a franchised dealer.

Warrantywise quotes £353.74 for 1 year or £672.11 for 2 years - doesn't matter whether franchised dealer or not. I don't think this covers wear and tear where WarrantyDirect is supposed to.

Has anyone else decided what to do or reviewed each type of warranty?

A

Anonymous

I had one from one of the third parties you list and had a really poor experience when it came to claiming. If there is anything that goes wrong you will have to pay to have the whole thing striped apart, diagnosed, independently inspected, and only at that point will they decide whether or not to accept your claim. My fault was the car slipping out of gear in 6th so they wanted me to pay to have the whole gearbox stripped apart out of a 4x4 at a cost to me of £600 before they would even decide if it was a warranty repair they would accept. I could not believe how it works with these guys - they are NOT selling warranties - it is no different to an insurance policy with the same level of Agro or worse if you ever need to claim. Personally I would avoid them at all costs and investigate main dealer small-print.