What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Walnut Blasting

Fluke

Reaction score
My 156 RCZ has done 65k miles and I am considering getting the inlet valves walnut blasted as I heard that they can get clogged with carbon.
I dont seem to have any issues at the moment, but is it worth doing and will I notice the difference?

Next month I might get the engine remapped.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Mines done 32k and I've already thought about it. My first RCZ a 2011 plate had coking issues at 25k miles and was only about 18 months old at the time.
Dealer fixed it under warranty but if I remember correctly the bill would have been over 1k to put right.

Ian J.

Reaction score
Yes that's about right, issue with my 2011 car was the damage it did to the valves, if I remember right they were all replaced

Ian J.

Reaction score
No
I didn't have it walnut blasted and the valves coked up really badly. Car started stuttering like a misfire.
I was surprised the valves needed doing because I had the Car from new and hadn't abused it . It had only done about 25k miles at the time and was less than 2 years old.Peugeot paid for the work under warranty.
Having said that it was the only issue I had with the Car in the 4 years I owned it and a friend of my wife bought it off me and ran it up to 83k miles without any problems.

Pedro

Reaction score
You don't need to do it until around the 40.000 plus mileage & only if its causing performance issues as Ian rightly said so the recommendation is to use good quality fuel & to keep the Engine fully serviced (proper Oil & always change the filter)
The biggest enemies of valve carbon build are according to the experts? the way you drive the car the fuel you use but above all else its primarily the condition of the oil the longer you leave it the more contaminated it becomes & this is one the biggest factors with direct injection Engines

Ian J.

Reaction score
Good point about the oil changes, with my 2011 car peugeot were saying every 2 years or 20000 miles which I reckon is way too long.
My current car is a 2015 with 32k on the clock and 5 services in the book.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Now its every 12 months or 20k but I would do oil change after every 5k for the cost of the filter and oil it's a no brainer if you want to keep your RCZ in tip top..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Agis

Reaction score
I am also thinking of Walnut Blasting. Mine has done 120000. No issues so far, just for the refresh.

Pedro

Reaction score
I am also thinking of Walnut Blasting. Mine has done 120000. No issues so far, just for the refresh.
Obviously your Engine has been well looked after to get to that mileage without the usual issues & yes if was in your shoes I would be thinking along those same lines