What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

VW POLO 1.9 SDI

A

Anonymous

Any thoughts on the VW Polo 1.9 SDI, 04 plate.
Just about to buy one as a second car, mainly for back and to work.

what should I look for on a diesel ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jactac, can't really comment on the diesel Polo but I used to own a petrol Polo. It was a very comfortable car to drive. Felt well made for a small car. Just make sure that it has been well looked after, full service history and looks tidy. Apparently there are a fair few diesel Polos around on the second hand market so make sure you are paying a good price.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jactac, can't really comment on the diesel Polo but I used to own a petrol Polo. It was a very comfortable car to drive. Felt well made for a small car. Just make sure that it has been well looked after, full service history and looks tidy. Apparently there are a fair few diesel Polos around on the second hand market so make sure you are paying a good price.

K,
The price seems reasonable, and it has FSH, with one lady owner, full MOT, taxed 6 months, £2400
The lady owner bit is a concern though. :eusa-think: ;) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Make sure it gets its run out, 20 min at steady revs on the motorway (or somewhere) every now and again, and she will be fine. You do know they use that engine in forklifts, don't you ?

A

Anonymous

Forklifts, ? No didnt know that.
Hopefully it will take me to greater heights. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Joske said:
SDI? Slow, noisy,...

Yeah bit concerned about its pace.
I've not heard a quiet 2004 diesel :eusa-think:

Jactac its non turbo charged hence sdi not Tdi but they put different sized VW diesel engines in different sized forklifts.

A

Anonymous

Yea, they not all Polo engines, LOL
But the little Linde forklift has a little VW engine !!

A

Anonymous

VW group cars are very safe cars to pick no matter what whether it be a Van, hatchback or saloon they also make for a very practical car. Me personally not my cup of tea I do like slightly unusual cars but for what your after its perfect.

A

Anonymous

Tomy in all honesty I wasnt looking for a VW Polo in particular, it was down to finances and what I could find for my money.
If I'm totaly honest I dont think I would have a diesel as my "first" car, but as a second car that is used mostly for work it seems fine, at the moment.

A

Anonymous

Bit of an update on the Polo.

Very impressed with it.
Easily getting 50mpg combined driving, maybe more. Only time it sounds like a diesel is on starting up and whilst in heavy traffic going slowly.
Unbelievable torque, 25mph in 5th without any signs of struggling.

Can honestly say that if a new diesel is even better than this, then i would consider getting one in the future as my main car.