What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Voice Recognition - What have I done wrong

A

Anonymous

Just got my nice new white RCZ GT with all the bells & whistles - just a few niggles.....

Does anyone know how I get the Voice Recognition system to work? I've switched it on and done the tailoring but whenever I press the button for 2 secs to activate it (as per the manual) all I get is my bluetooth phone address list popping up.

Also how do I switch RDS on - again manual says press the OK button when a radio channel is displayed but nothing happens.

And finally I gather I can show speed cameras but can't find anywhere how to switch that on - again any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks.

:wave:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum :wave:

This is from memory so it may be a little off but should point you in the right direction....

Voice recognition - the handbook is poor,its got you pressing the button on the end of the radio control stalk to the right of the steering wheel hasnt it? This is wrong, the button for the voice recognition is the tip on the very end of the lights /indicator stalk. If you press this briefly you get a beep to indicate you need to give a voice command and you get a small picture of a head in the top left of the screen display at the same time.

RDS - The radio had to be on (playing a radio station)your display screen has to be on the radio screen , i.e showing the radio stations not for example the map screen.When you press the OK button a text box opens on the right hand side of the screen giving a few options such as , TA , RDS , Radio Text. Scroll using centre wheel to the one you want and use ok to switch it on/off.

Speed Cameras - the system is capable of giving fixed camera site alerts but it cannot simply be switched on as the data file for this is not supplied by Peugeot as part of the car, you have to buy it, either on a satnav disk or as an internet download to a memory stick. Peugeot UK have withdrawn the download as the data isnt totally accurate. The problem with the warnings are they give inacurate speed limit displays at the camera sites , these are always lower than the real limit so dont cause a massive problem. The disk is available but expensive (£150+)The download is still available for 5 euros via the Peugeot France website http://www.peugeot.fr but you need to be half decent at french to do it!

Hope this helps to answer your questions.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Marcus - many thanks, it sure did help - works a treat now. So much for the handbook!

Another query - I've seen various postings about playing IPhone 4 music via the system; some seem to have got it to work others haven't. I've connected via bluetooth but not sure how I then get it to play - I've been on the mdeai management function but the iPhone doesn't pop up anywhere. Any thoughts? Also tried connecting via USB but no joy there either, presumably because it's not MP3 format.

CHeers

A

Anonymous

shoalcreek said:
Marcus - many thanks, it sure did help - works a treat now. So much for the handbook!

Another query - I've seen various postings about playing IPhone 4 music via the system; some seem to have got it to work others haven't. I've connected via bluetooth but not sure how I then get it to play - I've been on the mdeai management function but the iPhone doesn't pop up anywhere. Any thoughts? Also tried connecting via USB but no joy there either, presumably because it's not MP3 format.

CHeers

Great, glad your up and running with your voice system.

Not sure I can help with this one! The satnav system seems less compatable with i-phones/pads/pod than the standard radio system.I think that most of the people who have it working have the standard radio. I-phones seem to be a bit of a mixed bag, some seem to work dependant on the software version of the I-phone/pod others not , you do seem to need to have the music in MP3 format to have a chance of it working.

Ive got all my music saved on a 4GB memory stick in MP3 format , works a treat via the USB conenction.

Try asking for help on a seperate new thread in the tech section.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Managed to get a software converter and trialled a download onto a memory stick and that works fine - so thanks once again.

A

Anonymous

What kind of software are you referring to? for the iphone or for the RCZ? I also own an iphone 4 and can't seem to make it work on USB or bluetooth.

Can you help?

thanks