What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Vocomo Bluetooth Adapter

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Hello there,
I purchased the vocomo kA-2 PSA V1 for my NG4 (WIP COM 3D) and wanted to give feedback here for anyone wondering if its worth it!
Customer Service is superb. They answer every question detailed and even remember you asking about anything in the past and give you updates on that topic.
Installation was a pain in the ass since there is very little room behind the radio unit.
Everything works fine. Bluetooth connects instantly and you can still use your steering wheel controls to skip tracks!
It supports Apt-X HD so its way better quality than the cheap transmitters you can install to the aux ports in the glove box (even though most streaming apps dont offer such quality).
Calling is working via the stock bluetooth connection.
Only downside is that the parking sensors stop the music temporarily instead of just ducking the volume. Thats kinda annoying.
Overall its a great product if you want to have top notch bluetooth codec and steering wheel controls.
Drive safe,
Leon

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
That is great news!

Thanks for the review. Always wanted one of those, but currently only have the cheap AUX one (it does the job but the quality is below average).

Shame for the parking sensors.

Can you make a video of it working?

Last edited:

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
That is great news!

Thanks for the review. Always wanted one of those, but currently only have the cheap AUX one (it does the job but the quality is below average).

Shame for the parking sensors.

Can you make a video of it working?
unfortunately my phone wont connect anymore to the vocomo bluetooth adapter 2 days after writing this thread!
Ive had it running for several weeks with no problems and now it wont conmnect...
I just cleaned my interior and replaced a magnetic valve in the engine.
I have no idea what happend.
I think I have to take out the head unit and see if everything is still plugged in :(
after that I can record a video

NF7

Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone by any chance?

My phone does this from time to time with my AirPods. Works for weeks and then stops connecting. I have to delete the pairing and reconnect. Then it works again for several weeks.

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone by any chance?

My phone does this from time to time with my AirPods. Works for weeks and then stops connecting. I have to delete the pairing and reconnect. Then it works again for several weeks.
No I have an Android but my Girlfriend has an iPhone and she couldnt connect to my car neither.

NF7

Reaction score
No I have an Android but my Girlfriend has an iPhone and she couldnt connect to my car neither.
Then it’s the Vocomo unfortunately. You could try disconnecting the battery for 10minutes (only the clip on on the front) to power cycle the BSU and electronics in the car.

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Then it’s the Vocomo unfortunately. You could try disconnecting the battery for 10minutes (only the clip on on the front) to power cycle the BSU and electronics in the car.
Yes I tried that but no success :(
I'll have a look into it soon and keep this thread updated!

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Any updates? Were you able to fix it?
So far I have tried to disconnect the Vocomo box and plug it in again but that didnt fixed it. I will disconnect all cables and reconnect them soon. I also have contacted the vocomo customer service and they offered me to send the device in for a repair or replacement it it is broken!
WIll update you soon.
Sorry for the late reply but I had my final exam and after that I was on vacation :)

NF7

Reaction score
No problem, hopefully, everything went well. Let us know when you fix it.

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
No problem, hopefully, everything went well. Let us know when you fix it.
Hey NF7, sorry for my late reply but I have send in the vocomo adapter this week and they said it got repaired and they send it to me on monday. The problem should not come up again.
Will update you on that when I receive it!
This time I'll be quick, I promise :)

Edit: I will try to document the process of installing it a bit.

NF7

Reaction score
Hey Leon. This is great work. Love seeing that switching the music works from the stalk. Sad that this is quite expensive 😅

How does switching with handsfree calls work?

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Hey Leon. This is great work. Love seeing that switching the music works from the stalk. Sad that this is quite expensive 😅

How does switching with handsfree calls work?
You can get a vocomo with a mic but I got the one without and if you get called you can normally accept it and it automatically switches to the original RCZ Bluetooth connection.
So no problems there!

NF7

Reaction score
Hi Leon another question. Is the quality of the music higher than the one from the AUX cable?

Greek-R

Reaction score
Hey there. im just about to purchase the vocomo adapter, but i would like to know if anyone else has used it. a couple of questions for @LeonGrchz

1) Do you have the JBL amp? in theory they say its quite a fussy adapter and it doesnt take well to after market parts
2) is the bluetooth audio quality the same as teh USB/SD card quality?
3) what does the screen show when youre streaming? (depending on what system you have, im assuming you have the NG4, right?)
4) skip-previous track stem controls work, im assuming volume as well right?

thanks !

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Hi Leon another question. Is the quality of the music higher than the one from the AUX cable?
Quality is aptX HD Bluetooth Codex, so lower than wired but higher than Spotifys highest setting non the less so Spotify would be the bottle neck.
Most Bluetooth speakers use aptX so it's quite good.

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Hey there. im just about to purchase the vocomo adapter, but i would like to know if anyone else has used it. a couple of questions for @LeonGrchz

1) Do you have the JBL amp? in theory they say its quite a fussy adapter and it doesnt take well to after market parts
2) is the bluetooth audio quality the same as teh USB/SD card quality?
3) what does the screen show when youre streaming? (depending on what system you have, im assuming you have the NG4, right?)
4) skip-previous track stem controls work, im assuming volume as well right?

thanks !
Hi,

1.Yes I have the JBL speakers

2. Quality is not noticably worse than via cable since most streaming services like Spotify are the bottle neck in quality.

3. Yes I have the ng4 and it unfortunately doesn't show what song plays. It only shows aux as the source just like when you use a cable for streaming music.

4. Yes you change the volume of the radio and not of the phone so it's like using a cord as well.

Overall the experience is almost like using a cord just without the cord and a few nice additions like being able to change tracks with the steering wheel and the volume ducks when the navigation system is speaking or the parking sensors make noise.

Recently my box wouldn't connect anymore but I got into contact with the customer service by vocomo and that dude is super friendly and helpful. I sent my device in and he flashed on the newest firmware where the problem should not appear anymore.

Greek-R

Reaction score
Hi,

2. Quality is not noticably worse than via cable since most streaming services like Spotify are the bottle neck in quality.

3. Yes I have the ng4 and it unfortunately doesn't show what song plays. It only shows aux as the source just like when you use a cable for streaming music.

4. Yes you change the volume of the radio and not of the phone so it's like using a cord as well.

Overall the experience is almost like using a cord just without the cord and a few nice additions like being able to change tracks with the steering wheel and the volume ducks when the navigation system is speaking or the parking sensors make noise.

Recently my box wouldn't connect anymore but I got into contact with the customer service by vocomo and that dude is super friendly and helpful. I sent my device in and he flashed on the newest firmware where the problem should not appear anymore.
thank you so much. i hope the new devices have the updated firmware. id really dont want to be re-sending the box around europe, ill write an update myself if i do the purchase!

Greek-R

Reaction score
Hey @LeonGrchz

just made the order. did you manage to get some sort of instalation instruction in english? i cant understand anything from the one video they have on YT.

Hi,