What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Very tempted by the RCZ - going for a test drive

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

I found your forum while researching the RCZ on the internet. I'd seen a couple at my local dealer at the weekend. I went there thinking originally along 207 CC lines...but the RCZ's stunning looks made me want to find out more.

I've booked a test drive this Wednesday and would appreciate any advice on what to look for in a second-hand RCZ. Preference for a 1.6 THP (156) GT model up to a year/14 months old. How have you found the car's reliability and running costs?

Trade in would be my much-loved Nissan Micra C+C 2006 (don't laugh...it'll take a lot to wean me off a small, fun convertible, but the RCZ may just do it).

Look forward to hearing any comments (great forum, by the way.)

A

Anonymous

All that it will take is for you to drive a RCZ.... you will want one :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
All that it will take is for you to drive a RCZ.... you will want one :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more. I was always of the mindset that I was going to go for a VW Scirocco but having taken then both for a test drive and then sitting them side by side there was no competition. The RCZ had kerb appeal by the bucketload and makes you smile every time you see it/get into it. Take one out and you won't even consider your alternative a choice any longer.

A

Anonymous

You will be hooked lined and sunk once you have your test drive I bet you will want to take the test drive RCZ car home there and then let me / all of us know if I am correct, better still make sure you bring your Nissan and your balance cash with you to finish the deal
Regards
Allen

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Kathy, welcome to the forum. Always good to have another fellow female member :thumbup:

The cost of running a RCZ are quite reasonable, I think. MPG is very good. I have the same engine as the one you mention and get about 44 mpg on average. Insurance costs and road tax are also good and service intervals are every 2 years or 20 k miles too.

Maybe one thing to consider is that the RCZ is very wide and it does take a bit of getting used to at first. But you will get used to it. I just make sure that I park well away from everyone else in a car park. And watch out for those kerbs :thumbdown:

I was used to a convertible but once you get in the RCZ, you won't look back. It's the best looking car on the road so go for it.

Let us know how you get on :beer:

A

Anonymous

Thanks to you all for very positive comments. I will certainly report back to you all on the experience.
RCZ1 - I was getting early to mid-40s from the Micra's 1.6 engine, so 44mpg from a bigger car is very good. I agree with the RCZ's looks - it certainly has presence.

Snowy87 - not sure yet of the colour, but I like the amber red or the blue. Not so keen on greys as they're not as visible on the road. But I guess with a rare car, it's a case of what comes along :)

Roll on Wednesday!

A

Anonymous

Welcome Kathy !!!
Agreed with all above, and see my other posts to prospective owners, re "nice brakes" corners like its "stuck"
Just got to smile when you take another car driver out in mine, keep telling them, "there is no brake pedal your side" :lol:

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Kathy61 said:
Thanks to you all for very positive comments. I will certainly report back to you all on the experience.
RCZ1 - I was getting early to mid-40s from the Micra's 1.6 engine, so 44mpg from a bigger car is very good. I agree with the RCZ's looks - it certainly has presence.

Snowy87 - not sure yet of the colour, but I like the amber red or the blue. Not so keen on greys as they're not as visible on the road. But I guess with a rare car, it's a case of what comes along :)

Roll on Wednesday!

Good colour choices there!! Check out my pics of my dolphin blue RCZ in the owners gallery to see what what you think. There's also a few pics of the RCZ in red on there.

A

Anonymous

Hello again everybody,

Well I've been for my test drive today...in a blue metallic with grey leather...LOVELY CAR! The car was the 200bhp, and not the 156 I'm after, so I won''t be buying that one. It was £20K with 14,700 ms and a Sept 10 plate - seemed rather high to me.

But it impressed me - both on normal roads and on the motorway. So, yes, I've decided now that I want one :dance: Question is, how to get it! Might have to put a few more miles on the 'Japanese Jalopy of Joy' before I find the right RCZ...

Couple of questions for advice please..on servicing, my dealer quoted £230 for the 20k service and £430 for the 40k one. Is this about right pricewise? (I found main dealer servicing costs varied with the Nissan - up to £100 on a major service).
Also, my dealer said they can source a car from throughout the UK dealerships, but would need a deposit first. How does this work? If I saw a car 100 miles away, for example, and it was delivered to my local dealer - do I negotiate the purchase where I saw it - or wait until it comes to my local chap? (thinking here that buying 'locally' might influence/improve customer service in the hopefully unlikely event of any issues).

And for you 'white' fans, having seen the pearl white one - I've added that to my colour preferences of blue and amber red.

A

Anonymous

£20,000 IS EXTREMELY INDEED HIGH for the year and mileage even fully loaded its high which i think it was at that price i COULD GET a well loaded 2011 on a 11 plate 8000 MILES FOR £19,500 BUT SERIOUSLY a 60 plate 200bhp/156bhp gt for less than £17,000 go on to trusteddealers.co.uk

A

Anonymous

Thanks jassyo06 - I think it was just the standard model, so rather too much for me.

A

Anonymous

I told you you would hooked lined and sunk once you drove the RCZ, my advice drive the 100 mls bring the Nissan j as you call it and good stick a beat a deal out of them and drive the 100 mls back in pure RCZ style
Allen

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that my dealer told me the 20k mile service as something just under £200 but like you say they can vary from dealer to dealer.

With regards to the dealer sourcing the car for you. Doesn't that mean that they find a car, to your spec, from somewhere in the country, not you having to try and find one. They can search on their systems to see if there is anything that matches what you require. That would be my understanding.

A

Anonymous

Allen - yes that is one solution - I like that idea :thumbup: and one that might work, unless my local dealer comes up trumps.

RCZ1 - my dealer said they can source a car from throughout the network, but they would want a £500 deposit first. Not so sure about that, I wouldn't be happy paying that for a vehicle I'd not seen. I told them the spec I wanted, but think I may be better off finding what I want myself.
We're going for a wider trawl round the Midlands this weekend - my other half hasn't driven one yet (but he too is impressed by their looks, etc).

A

Anonymous

Kathy, have a look on www. usedcarsni.com go to Peugeot model RCZ have a lookie peep if any of them take your fancy I would check them out for you not a problem just think of the luxury RCZ drive back home but purchase straight deal and sell Nissan j to anyone you can,if your stuck and buy I would bring to boat for you.
Allen

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip Allen - and your kind offer. Just checked the site and the prices are pretty much on a par with those over here - a few Sports models interestingly.
Update - I'm going to test drive a 156 GT next week..Blue with black leather, March 2011 plate...so making progress.

A

Anonymous

Make sure you shop around. The best way to do this is autotrader.com. They list every vehicle listed by dealerships and most private sales. You can refine the search to your desired spec and saves a lot of time visiting websites. Always remember that these are guide prices...there is always a deal to be done!!!