What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Vauxhall Ampera

RCZ1

Reaction score
I saw one of these tonight. Did not know what it was until I got home and Googled it, apart from the fact it was a Vauxhall. I have to say it's a car that certainly stands out, it's got great light effects at night. The one I saw was in white and it looked stunning. It's part battery, part petrol and does a staggering 175MPG. That's awesome! The first 25-50 miles of a journey are done on the battery, then the engine kicks in. 0-60 in 9 seconds, which is not too bad and certainly seemed to be no slouch when I was driving behind it.

Here's a link to it and I have to say, rather like the RCZ, pictures don't do it full justice!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews ... mpera.html

A

Anonymous

Looks like my husbands white ford focus ,
this is why I went for the RCZ something totally different , all these cars look the same now :roll:

A

Anonymous

Priced at 40k though... I'd rather wait for the RCZ hybrid

RCZ1

Reaction score
Prices start at £29k going upwards and with £5k grant from the government too, so not all bad.
They may look the same but you can't sniff at 175mpg :eusa-think: :eek:

A

Anonymous

Hybrid 5 ... as cost of batteries come down and technological advances, I'm sure it won't be long before Peugeot are pushing hybrids with similar mpg. At least with this competition, it will certainly be making other manufacturers step up their offerings (i hope!)

RCZ1

Reaction score
jc73uk said:
Hybrid 5 ... as cost of batteries come down and technological advances, I'm sure it won't be long before Peugeot are pushing hybrids with similar mpg. At least with this competition, it will certainly be making other manufacturers step up their offerings (i hope!)

Too true - it can only mean better things for us, the consumers :thumbup: