What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Variable Valve Lift Motor

ahfatpanda

Reaction score
Hi Guys will need some advise as My RCZ THP200

having engine check lights and manage to find out the code is P1062 and P1030. :cry:

As for the VVl (Variable Valve Lift Motor) i have just change it last year July. :cry:

Now the fault also on VVL so i have went to the workshop and they change another VVL for me but the error code is still there.
So after one day they said they manage to find the fault is that i will need to replace Cylinder Head?

And they said my Variable Valve Lift gear is wear out so that dont sell standalone only comes with the cylinder head.

Just asking anyone have encounter this or any way to solve? Cos they have quote me a price is so ex.

A

Anonymous

I might be able to help in a few days..

My -10 is at a dealer now since i got the P1030 code 2 times in a short time. I am not 100% sure what parts they have replaced, but parts that has do to with the variable valve lift system.

But when they went for at testdrive today it still showed that something was wrong so they are going to look into it again.

:(

*UPDATE* Got my car back yesterday! :thumbup:

They only changed the variable valve lift motor and a gasket. It did not work at first and the fault kept coming back, but the ECU just had to learn the new parts or something.

Now i will drive it for a month and see if the problem recurs :)