What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Uwanted optional extra

A

Anonymous

It is becoming increasingly obvious that my RCZ came with an optional extra that i do not need and did not request.

I, my family, my friends and my neighbours have all noticed that this particular RCZ has the most annoying optional extra that a car could ever come with.

This optional extra is called "RAIN" :evil:

Why does it ALWAYS bloody rain within 24 hrs of me washing the car , this is a fact, since i have owned the car, aprox 6 weeks now, it has rained every fourth day.
Yesterday my son washed the car for me, i'm a bit under the weather at the moment, excuse the pun. :eusa-whistle:
He done a great job, the sun was out and the car looked lovely, 15 mins after putting the hose away, the blackest & biggest cloud that i have ever seen decided to park itself directly over our drive and then empty it's big & bulging bladder right there on the spot, it then moved on, somewhat smaller and all fluffy and white, looking back and smirking. :twisted:

This is now becoming the "norm". Wash the car, dry the car, RAIN !!
I've checked with the handbook but cannot find anything on how to disable this unwanted optional extra.

And i did contemplate buying a convertible. :crazy:

Welsh weather and RCZ's go together like sprouts and custard.

A

Anonymous

OMG i totally feel you ! Whenever i wash the car, it either rains on that very day or the next day. However the days i do not wash the car, it remains bright and sunny !

As such I have given up washing the car every 3 days and resorted to using a car cover to protect my dear rcz from the elements :)

That little 5 min inconvenience sure beats the 30 mins car wash haha.

A

Anonymous

obviously its unavoidable, but if you polish the car, because of the flowing lines, the rain will simply run off.
Well thats the theory anyway

A

Anonymous

I concur! we do indeed have very dirty and frequent rain here in Wales............but I guess thats the price we pay for being born in Gods own country :cool:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes I found that too, but I got my car just when winter was really starting so it seemed that it rained or snowed every day. It was really disheartening after Pearl was washed and waxed and looking beautiful, to then be dirty again in a few days. Then Spring came and we had hardly any rain and Pearl was staying clean for weeks on end - it was great. It 's especially noticeable on white cars but we all have to suffer I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

I'd like to know how to turn the bird poo magnet off, everytime I wash my car a bird craps on it bloody things!! :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's one thing that I've yet to experience with my RCZ. I've not had one bird poo on my car !

They seem to go for my husband's black car :D

A

Anonymous

Maybe they are attracted to cars black for some reason :crazy:

A

Anonymous

No, I can confirm that the pearl white seems irresistible to shitehawks, thousands of which we are blessed with on the coast

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
Maybe they are attracted to cars black for some reason :crazy:

My previous car was black, and that was routinely pebble dashed by Bill Oddies little feathered F*****s. :evil:

My son is ever so busy now that he has that car, :lol:

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
I concur! we do indeed have very dirty and frequent rain here in Wales............but I guess thats the price we pay for being born in Gods own country :cool:

Good point m8, we are indeed blessed by the lord himself, i just wish he would sort out his plumbing. :lol:

A

Anonymous

You must have been washing your car yesterday for most of the afternoon then judging by the weather we had round here !

A

Anonymous

H12RPO-same problem here, but i got the largest ever near crawley last week,it took a full bucket of water to get shut.

A

Anonymous

with me its dirty rain and dust from work it ends up looking like I have been doing a combination of desert driving and driving through a rain forest

A

Anonymous

Well, I guess I have to complain that in Australia, that optional extra wasn't supplied. :shock:

Whenever I've washed my car we've had day after day of sunny weather here. My RCZ seems to go all week and still look shiney. Perhaps I should complain to my dealership :D :D :lol: :beer: :dance: :dance:

A

Anonymous

RCZooM said:
Well, I guess I have to complain that in Australia, that optional extra wasn't supplied. :shock:

Whenever I've washed my car we've had day after day of sunny weather here. My RCZ seems to go all week and still look shiney. Perhaps I should complain to my dealership :D :D :lol: :beer: :dance: :dance:

Ok Ok thats it rub it in. :lol:

A

Anonymous

that RCZoom for that makes me feel so much better that my car appears to be a cow right now with brown spots on it (thanks to the rain)