What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Uprated front brakes at the track day

A

Anonymous

All the RCZ's that were available to drive on the track had the benefit of uprated front brakes with very large ventilated discs....... I was wondering if they're available as aftermarket (aftermeerkat??) kits?
Are they the same upgrades that are already available from Peugeot for another of the models? If not, who did the work for the Peugeot events team? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

The brakes for the RCZ cars MSV use are AP racing components , AP racing dont do an off the shelf conversion so MSV had to come up with a conversion themselves.

Apparently they used a mix of Mclaren discs with cosworth/subaru calipers.

Total cost - about 5K

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

fek me!!!!!!!

Thanks Marcus................you are indeed the font of all knowledge!

A

Anonymous

As I didn't win the lottery this weekend I don't think I'll be upgrading my brakes at the moment. :)

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
All the RCZ's that were available to drive on the track had the benefit of uprated front brakes with very large ventilated discs....... I was wondering if they're available as aftermarket (aftermeerkat??) kits?
Are they the same upgrades that are already available from Peugeot for another of the models? If not, who did the work for the Peugeot events team? :eusa-think:

So you managed to blag the day then without trouble H12? :beer:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Tarox Front Brake Conversion Kit - 10 Pot Calipers
Peugeot RCZ 2.0 HDi (163 BHP) 10 >
340 x 26mm (Front 10 Pot)

Tarox Big Brake Conversion Kits are renowned for being the best Brake Kits that money can buy. Autocar said that they deliver so much brake feel and are so well weighted, that you can almost pick the spot where you'd like to stop! Fast Car judged them to be the Best High End Brake Kit on the market in their recent Fast Car Product Awards.

In most kits you will receive 2 Calipers, 2 Brake Discs, Brake Pads, Brake Lines, Brackets and all necessary fixings.
You have a choice of either Red, Grey, Black, Green, Blue or Gold Calipers. Bear in mind that kits with Green, Blue or Gold Calipers will have a much longer lead time as they will be made to order. Red, Grey & Black are the more popular caliper colour choices so will be a quicker option. All caliper colour choices are the same price.
You can choose either Sport Japan Drilled & Grooved Discs, F2000 Curved Groove Discs (Track Use), or D95 Drilled Discs. All disc options are the same price.
For the pads you can choose either Tarox Strada Fast Road Pads or Tarox Corsa Track Pads. As with the discs, both options are the same price.

Features
10 Pot Calipers
Disc Size = 340 x 26mm
Suggested Minimum Wheel Size = 17"

PRICE £2278.00

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=KMPE1002Q&a=i

Note: I am not associated with this place. If I come across others I will post. I definitely want to upgrade my brakes but want to do something to the rears as well, not necessary to go as big, but match the style and not leave them stock and with that ugly backing plate.

A

Anonymous

OK, someone needs to educate me. Whats wrong with the standard brakes? I drive like I stole mine and the brakes work just fine. It's a 1.6 Turbo not a Bugatti.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
You will be amazed that even though our brakes work great during regular use, even heavy use on the street, you use the brakes a lot harder on the track and without the cooling etc. the brakes will eventually fail. The larger the diameter of the disc, with vents (slotted and/or drilled), air foils in the the middle, air ducts, bigger calipers, more pots, etc. etc. will provide you with the braking power you will need on the track. So if you never intend to drive yours on the track, the stock brakes are good enough, unless you want to just spend money on looks ;-)

A

Anonymous

Want... want, want, want want want.....

I think I want these!

A

Anonymous

@ RCZ White - yup all worked fine and dandy twas a wonderful event too :dance:
@ Mr Shiney - What Zombie says really.....mostly for track or cosmetics. I wasnt thinking about getting mine uprated just curious to know what they'd done for the track cars at Bedford...............Mind you they did look Fekin awesome and as to performance, when combined with the esp and abs RCZ features you could almost literally stop on a sixpence, it has to be experienced to fully comprehend the difference.

FGRob

Reaction score
You don't really need to change the disc or caliper to get a better pedal, get yourself some decent pads - Carbo Tech etc, up-grade your fluid to racing spec DOT 4 or 5.1 - stops it boiling, then you are good to go, for an even harder / better feeling pedal for track days, up-grade your flex hoses from your caliper to Goodridge SS, that makes A big difference as you will be surprised how much a standard hose will expand. Total cost around £500.

Rob.