What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Unfriendly? - Moving forward....

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of you will have seen the "Unfriendly" thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5494

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to PM me with thoughts, suggestions and complaints today. A lot of people did and here's how we're going to fix things.

First of all, let me explain my views on Moderators.
I firmly believe that a moderator position is not a privilege but a chore and those who undertake it should view it as such. Our current moderators do. Those who aspire to become a Moderator, hoping for some level of power or prestige can forget such notions. On this site, that will never be the case.

Moderator Code of Conduct
Over the next week I will draft and put in place a set of rules governing the scope of a Moderator's role and how they should conduct themselves. If a member of the site feels that a Moderator has broken the code of conduct or the site rules then they should report the matter to me directly via PM and I'll investigate and take appropriate action. This action itself will be detailed in the code of conduct so the process will be clear for all to see.

The site rules will be also be updated and made clearer with harsh penalties for personal attacks or trolling.

Democracy
At the end of February, both MrRizzle and RCZ1's tenure as site moderators will come to an end. On the 1st of March two new moderators will start. In the next few days I will announce when I will be accepting nominations for those new mods. The nomination window will last a preset period of time and then the nominees will be put to the public vote.

Nominations will be anonymous and subject to certain post count and prior conduct criteria. You can nominate yourself or someone else. Once in place those Moderators will be in place for SIX MONTHS at which time the process will start again. Note that should either MrRizzle or RCZ1 accept a nomination then you can vote for them as well.

The above steps should ensure a friendlier site, free of personal attacks and any perception of elitism or hierarchy.