What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyres

A

Anonymous

Hi

Well I pick up my RCZ GT 2.0 diesel in about 7-10 days !! and was looking around at the price of tyres :( I know nothing really about tyres so can somebody please advise regarding sizes etc. I've been reading posts on here saying you can put different sizes on, than whats already on the car. Mines are 19". ie 235 40 19 is standard but what others would fit ???

Thanks in advance.

Donna

A

Anonymous

Its the 40 profile thats expensive 95% of makes are of a 35 profile which is very popular and easy to get than the 40 profile the cheapest i have heard of for the standard 235/40/19 conti3 was £215 the 235/35/19 cant be got £170-£180.

You can also go down the route 245/35/19 if you wanted which is cheaper as well all these tyre size's will fit the rcz

A

Anonymous

Peugeot had these tyres designed for the RCZ. I for one, not being a tyre expert, will stick with what the professionals consider to be correct. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Peugeot had these tyres designed for the RCZ. I for one, not being a tyre expert, will stick with what the professionals consider to be correct. :eusa-whistle:

Totally Bollocks Ron :eusa-shhh: i know you are the type of person to pay through the nose for everything in your life and are afraid of changing anything that aint prim & proper you should be an accountant :lol:

But through experience in just the short time i have owned cars i have been experimenting in tyre size's with previous cars that its okay to okay to go above or below the profile of the OEM tyre size of your car's tyre's within small tolerance's

If i do change tyres on the rcz i will not pay through the nose for the 40 profile i will get 235/35/19 or even better 245/35/19 even if i where loaded just like you :lol: :lol: i wouldnt pay the hiked up price for the 40 profile :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Does this count as "modifying" your car i.e. having different tyre specs to that of the original ??

I don't know the answer, although can be sure that it's one of the things the Insurers would look at as they try to "wriggle" out of any claim :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Does this count as "modifying" your car i.e. having different tyre specs to that of the original ??

I don't know the answer, although can be sure that it's one of the things the Insurers would look at as they try to "wriggle" out of any claim :eusa-think:

A simple phone call can sort that out :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I put a different profile on for my winters - went to 35s to save £££s - when I told my insurance I was told there was no chang to my premium due to winter tyres being a safety enhancement. I don't know what the stance would be for normal usage.

However, now that I've put my 40s back on, I do notice the ride is softer, not hugely but enough to notice. I had only had my car for 2 months before I put the winters on - and during that 2 months I had the problem with clattering suspension mounts.