What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre underinflated Detection...

A

Anonymous

Hi, long time no see folks...nothing wrong, just too busy enjoying the RCZ to switch the engine off long enough to turn on my computer :D

Can anyone point me in the right direction please??? The Mrs has just (20 minutes ago) had a message come up on the Instrument panel, saying that the Front Left tyre is underinflated. We've looked in the manual & it states the obvious, that you should still regularly check the tyre pressure (which we have been doing), but as the pressures have always been correct up till now, no action has been required!

Now, are we correct in assuming that we can inflate this tyre ourselves, (the pressure in that tyre is 27 PSI) back to the correct level, & that this warning symbol with automatically disappear when the correct pressure is restored, or do we inflate the tyre & then take it into the service department to have the Valves/Computer reset??? :eusa-think:

Much obliged for any help :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I had my front two alloys changed and the Dealer had to reprogram the scheme. I do not know if it was done because they damaged the valves and had to fit two new ones.

Ring your Dealer they should know.

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
Now, are we correct in assuming that we can inflate this tyre ourselves, (the pressure in that tyre is 27 PSI) back to the correct level, & that this warning symbol with automatically disappear when the correct pressure is restored, or do we inflate the tyre & then take it into the service department to have the Valves/Computer reset??? :eusa-think:

This provides a little explaination:
"
What to Do When You See the Tire Pressure Alert

When your TPMS warning light comes on, please exercise caution.
This means that one or more of your tires may be at least 25% below recommended inflation pressure.

Find a safe place to pull out of traffic so you can stop to check your tires.

Fill your tires to the proper placard tire pressure, either with the help of your nearest tire service center or by using a tire air supply at a nearby filling station.

If necessary, have any damaged tires, as well as the TPMS system, serviced at your nearest tire service center.

The TPMS light should turn off within several minutes after reinflating the tires to their recommended pressure.

Rember to check tire pressure before you've driven on them, when the tire is "cold," is always the best way to get an accurate reading.
"

So, the light should extinguish when re-inflated to 2.4 Bar :thumbup:

Be a bit of bind if you had to take it to the Dealer everytime you had to pump air into your tyres :eusa-think:

Have to say that if this is the first time you've had to put air in the tyres, you need to get out (a lot) more and drive a little more spiritively :auto-car:

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Have to say that if this is the first time you've had to put air in the tyres, you need to get out (a lot) more and drive a little more spiritively :auto-car:

:greetings-wavingblue:

:lol: LIKE IT!!! :thumbup: I admit, I'm what you'd call a 'Cautious driver' (No, I did'nt say old), that's why my Mrs prefers to drive coz she drives it like it supposed to be driven :wtf: The RCZ has 11k on clock (17 months), partly due to fact that we have another car & also often use my wifes VW works van ...saves fuel & does'nt dirty the light interiors of the cars when the dog gets wet in this crappy weather.

My other car's an Automatic, which us old....I mean 'cautious' drivers like, :oops: whereas Ali prefers manual....she says they're more fun!!!........OK, so she a little younger than me :eusa-whistle:

:thumbup: Cheers for the helpful info by the way, question answered :beer:

A

Anonymous

I did a spot of cautious driving yesterday. I was concentrating on my S.A.F.E.D training (safe and fuel efficient driving) the result was 62.7mpg !!! At this rate I am going to get over 800miles from this tank of diesel. Mind you it isn't the way this car is meant to be driven. So pleased that I never saw a single RCZ in my 300mile journey.

A

Anonymous

Blimey Ron I bet the chap walking in front of you with the red flag got a bit tired!!!