What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

tyre size question

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out here.
I'm looking into getting some winter tyres and was curious as to whether the following tyre size would fit.
245/40 18

The standard size tyre is a 235 and I want to make sure the 245 is not too wide.

thanks in advance,
Michael

A

Anonymous

would you not want skinnier wheels with a higher profile in the winter?

A

Anonymous

Try to stick to factory size,if you use wider profile,im pretty well sure Peugeot will not validate warranty work on suspension brakes or other rolling stock,the other problem you might have is incorrect tyre pressure and that will probably affect steering and overall handling,in my own opinion stick to stock :wave:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys. yes preferably I would want skinnier tires, however a friends had these laying around and was willing to part with them for small chunk of change. I guess I'll have to keep looking.

A

Anonymous

I have the 19" and have fitted RE050's 19 240 40 rides much better than the STD continentals I had at 19 235 35. I'd also have a look at the new adrenalin bridgstones too

A

Anonymous

I also need some advice about the tyre size.
Mine is 200THP model which comes with 19" wheel and the CSC3 235/40/19 tyres.
However several more recent tyres such as CSC 5P, PSS and Bridgestone S001 do not have this size.
They all have 255/35/19 which I'm considering for replacement.
I'm concerned if it's too wide though it should fit the 8.5J rim (8.5J~10J, 9J recommended).

A

Anonymous

freaky206 said:
I also need some advice about the tyre size.
Mine is 200THP model which comes with 19" wheel and the CSC3 235/40/19 tyres.
However several more recent tyres such as CSC 5P, PSS and Bridgestone S001 do not have this size.
They all have 255/35/19 which I'm considering for replacement.
I'm concerned if it's too wide though it should fit the 8.5J rim (8.5J~10J, 9J recommended).

Amendment to my last above they are bridgstone RE050's 245 40 R19's. Ride and grip great. Managed to get them much cheaper than the STD continentals as they are the same tyre that the HSV's or for yourself in england may know then as the VRX sedan, coupe or maloo ute.

But more than that they, they look better as they are a little meatier and have a little more hangover which will protect the rim from kerb damage.

Daryl.

A

Anonymous

Ive replaced my continentals with Pirelli P Zeros. Went into kwitfit as I was away with the misses in Newquay & realised they needed replacing. First quote he gave was £470 I said I'm not paying that much! Ended up getting them for £370 after a little haggling :)