What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

tyre sidewall damage

A

Anonymous

A simple question but one that I feel will have many different answers from different points of view,

How much tyre sidewall damage is too much?

I realize that the tyres on the RCZ have a bit of kerb protection on them but the previous owner of my RCZ wasn't as careful as I am with the wheels and a couple have a slight bit of damage. I'm also looking at buying a spare tyre on ebay and seen that a number have sidewall damage but other than that are perfectly fine.

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
A simple question but one that I feel will have many different answers from different points of view,

How much tyre sidewall damage is too much?

I realize that the tyres on the RCZ have a bit of kerb protection on them but the previous owner of my RCZ wasn't as careful as I am with the wheels and a couple have a slight bit of damage. I'm also looking at buying a spare tyre on ebay and seen that a number have sidewall damage but other than that are perfectly fine.

never seen sidewall damage :eusa-think: just sidewall scrubs if your side walls are really damaged there will be chuncks missing from them is this the case if there are chunks of rubber missing from the sidewalls these tyres should be replaced asap as these cause bubbles then cause tyre blowouts

A

Anonymous

personaly wouldnt touch it, better no sidewall damage and less tread. :thumbdown:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Totally agree with others - don't go near it.

Ask yourself why someone is selling just a single tyre, especially one with so much tread left on it?
Could it be that they have lost confidence in it, now it's got a chunk out of the sidewall? (Surely not!?)

The standard of English in the listing doesn't fill me with unbounded confidence, either.

Your life is too precious to risk, as are those of any innocent bystanders who might be caught up in the accident should - God forbid - anything go wrong.

A

Anonymous

I agree, would not touch that with yours ! If you are ever to get to above second stage (outside UK or on the Isle of Man) having good tyres is a must to preserve life.

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
I agree, would not touch that with yours ! If you are ever to get to above second stage (outside UK or on the Isle of Man) having good tyres is a must to preserve life.
Sorry forgot to add on test/race track :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I took a wee nick out of mine at the weekend when I kurbed my wheel - but my winter tyres have the rim protection (hhhmm they didn't exactly live up to the promise ha ha) but I got it checked out at a garage and it's fine.