What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre Pressure

theseannery

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not the most exciting post, but after going through a pair of brand new tyres in a year, I was told by my garage that I had over-inflated the tyres and thus they were worn out. Thing is I followed the sticker on the frame as provided by peugeot. It said 2.4 bar front and 2 bar back. The garage said this was incorrect.

I topped the tyres up today as they seem a little flattish. I went for 2 bar all round. I have a 156 GT. What do you folks fill your tyres up to??

Cheers,
A

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Wheel/tyre size matters here. Also the car model, which you stated.
The tyre's manufacturer recommendation is the one to go with, IMHO. Some of them provide such, like Michelin, some not. The sticker on the door is an "oversafely" recommendation for all types of tyres for the specific car.
I did ride on 2.1-2.2 bar front during winter time. And during summer 1.9-2.0 bar front. Rear always set to 2.0 bar. Had no issues with wear off on the 19inch wheels + Michelin tyres.

Pedro

Reaction score
Check handbook if unsure but the Z s will run on 2 bar as per RCZ -R post unless your towing something maybe loading the boot with something heavy or 2 passengers if they are midgets😆

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hdi 2.4 bar in the front and 2 bar in the rear.... Fully loaded or not as its says on the sticker on the passenger side door

lfe

Reaction score
In my car, on the door, it says 2.4 and 2.0 for continental tires, but I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/40 19 and Michelin recommends 2.0 and 2.0.

For now I use 2.4 and 2.0

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The Hdi is 80kgs heavier than petrol thp engine so that is why the front tyre pressure is higher on the Hdi