What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre pressure warning.

A

Anonymous

Yesterday as I checked my tyre pressures I found one of my front tyres was down to 20 lbs instead of the usual 34, went round to the local Bush Tyres who had it all fixed in no time, not a mark on my rims. Should the dashboard warning come on at that pressure or does the tyre need to have lost more air than that to work?

A

Anonymous

Do you have a GT or Sport model? A far as I know (but I'm happy to be corrected) only the GT has the tyre pressure monitor which might explain it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
Do you have a GT or Sport model? A far as I know (but I'm happy to be corrected) only the GT has the tyre pressure monitor which might explain it.

It's actually only part of the vision pack and isn't actually solely related to the GT. No vision pack = no tyre pressure sensor and warning.

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
stevebasshead said:

It's actually only part of the vision pack and isn't actually solely related to the GT. No vision pack = no tyre pressure sensor and warning.

It is only related to the Vision Pack but I have to correct you Mr Rizz, this option is not available on the Sport model :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
mrizzle said:
stevebasshead said:

It is only related to the Vision Pack but I have to correct you Mr Rizz, this option is not available on the Sport model :)

Sorry that's my fault for wording it poorly. That's what I was insinuating with the point about it not solely relating to the fact that it is a GT but thank you for making that clearer. My bad!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Sorry that's my fault for wording it poorly. That's what I was insinuating with the point about it not solely relating to the fact that it is a GT but thank you for making that clearer. My bad!!

No problem. It was a bit of a surprise to find that the Vision Pack is not even an option on the Sport.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
mrizzle said:

No problem. It was a bit of a surprise to find that the Vision Pack is not even an option on the Sport.

Is Ruby to be a GT this time round? I can't recall.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
No she is to remain a Sport. I see no reason to progress to the GT (apart from the alloy options).

You also get a heck of a lot more kit as standard these days anyway! You can always upgrade the alloys later should you see fit.

A

Anonymous

I should probably know this as I've had it for 8 months, but how do you know if it's got the vision pack? It's a dolphin blue 200 GT, I bought it 2nd hand and don't remember it being mentioned.

A

Anonymous

Frances said:
I should probably know this as I've had it for 8 months, but how do you know if it's got the vision pack? It's a dolphin blue 200 GT, I bought it 2nd hand and don't remember it being mentioned.

Ok...well you'll know the difference in several different ways. Xenon bulbs produce a very bright white light as opposed to the halogens which produce a light with a yellowish tinge. The buld also looks different. A xenon bulb is rounder and will appear larger. Additionally, as part of the vision pack, the headlights are self levelling. However, the easiest way to spot them if you're unsure is whether you have a headlight washer or not. If you do, they're xenons and you have the vision pack. If you don't then they're not xenons and you don't have the pack. Is that any help to you?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Here's a photo to show you what the headlight washer looks like, as it's not obvious. If you have this little square panel just below your lights you have the Vision Pack

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Here's a photo to show you what the headlight washer looks like, as it's not obvious. If you have this little square panel just below your lights you have the Vision Pack

Great minds think alike...I was looking for a picture that demonstrates that too. Found one in the DRL thread courtesy of RCZperformance.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that RCZ1 & Mrizzle, no vision pack on mine then :(

A

Anonymous

Frances said:
Thanks for that RCZ1 & Mrizzle, no vision pack on mine then :(

No worries Frances. I don't have it either and still kick myself for not having kitted it! Not to worry...so much else to love huh?