What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Two punctures and no AA cover

A

Anonymous

Well I have to say that I am not a happy bunny :thumbdown: I had two punctures on my way home from work tonight. AA wanted £120 to attend as they say that Peugeot do not pay for SIF cover (self inflicted fault) Being unprepared to pay for this, :thumbdown: Pearl2 has been abandoned on the side of the road :thumbdown:

I was told by Peugeot HQ that our cover includes punctures, when the tyre gunk fails to work. I have two punctures so clearly according to Peugeot I should be covered. This needs to be resolved twix Peugeot & The AA ASAP :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I had two punctures on my way home from work tonight.

That is unlucky Ron :cry:

OO58RON said:
Pearl2 has been abandoned on the side of the road :thumbdown:

Wow, you're brave. Hope everything is okay with the car this morning :thumbup:

OO58RON said:
I was told by Peugeot HQ that our cover includes punctures, when the tyre gunk fails to work.

The Gunk hasn't failed to work....it's run out.
You need to replenish this yourself and then use it on the second tyre.
Once this has run out, then you need to buy another Gunk Unit in case the unfortunate happens again.

Really can't see how you can lay this one at Peugeot's door Ron :eusa-think:

I do feel for you though, as it is very unlucky. Unfortunately, these things happen.
Hope you get sorted soon and back on the road :thumbup:
:auto-car:

A

Anonymous

I may be wrong here but i think once you start to use the can of gunk you have to use it all in one shot, so if Ron had 2 punctures at once he can only repair one with the gunk.

I found out to my cost that once the can of gunk is set off, believe me it is unstoppable :thumbdown:

post18934.html#p18934

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Really can't see how you can lay this one at Peugeot's door Ron :eusa-think:

I do feel for you though, as it is very unlucky. Unfortunately, these things happen.
Hope you get sorted soon and back on the road :thumbup:
:auto-car:

I believe it can be laid at Peugeot's door because the car is only six weeks old, and the warranty cover should have entitled me and my car to be transported either home or to a place where a repair could be carried out. This is a situation were Peugeot have stated that we have this level of breakdown cover in place through the AA and yet the AA say we do not.

Had the car not been so new, then my own AA breakdown cover would have covered transportation as the Peugeot should. They chose not to fit a spare wheel after all. This can happen to any of our members that get a flat tyre not just me with two.

Get a flat tyre and basically you are in the S**t

A

Anonymous

I would agree, I would have thought if you have roadside assist and they can't assist then they should transfer it home. If I changed my tyre to a spare and then the spare went I'd expect my recovery company to pick me up.

I think its time for me to read the T&C's on the roadside assist so that my wife is fully covered (of course I don't mean if she breaks down :lol: )

A

Anonymous

I TOLD YOU SO (elsewhere on the forum) it was flatly disputed by the member from the Peugeot dealership.
BUT now proved !! The AA cover does NOT include punctures.
Get Green Flag like I did, the top of the shop cover gives you a replacement car (bet its not an RCZ ) and takes your car wherever you want it to go.
Most of the tyre guys I have spoke to say "use the gunk, buy a new tyre, as we can not get the puncture repair to stick to the tyre"
So if I get puncture, I am calling them out to take the car home/tyre fitter.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Your car comes with 1 Years Roadside Assistance whereby in the unfortunate event of a breakdown, recovery is covered by the warranty. The number to ring is 0800 294 0294, but this and other details you can find in the Warranty and Maintenance Record booklet. Our Roadside Assistance partner is the AA. In the case of the RCZ, because it is equipped with an Emergercy Tyre Kit rather than a Full or Saver Wheel, the recovery assistance is also extended to include a situation where the nature of the puncture or damage to the tyre or wheel is such that the kit is inadequate.

The above is a direct quote from Peugeot Motor Company on this forum, ive highlighted the crucial bit......the AA were wrong.........

The basis of Peugeot Assistance is that it covers manufacturer or mechanical faults. It doesnt cover non- vehicle faults (mainly attributable to "pilot error" ) such as:
misfulling
running out of fuel
loosing keys or locking them in the car
Accidents
flat battery due caused by driver.
punctures

As Peugeot Group stated any Peugeot that has a tyre inflation kit has the Peugeot Assistance extended if the nature of the puncture or damage to the tyre/wheel is beyond the inflation kits ability.

Customers can purchase an extention to Peugeot Assistance that does cover Non vehicle based incidents for about £25.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Shame is, when you are side of the road with the problem, they hold ALL the aces, if they say no service, that is what you get.

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Shame is, when you are side of the road with the problem, they hold ALL the aces, if they say no service, that is what you get.

I'm sure someone will discuss it at tommorrows meet.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Marcus.

I believe the quote that you highlighted from Peugeot Group was in reply to a thread of mine titled "questions that I shouldn't need to ask" With this statement in mind I telephoned the number from the handbook on two separate occasions and telling them that I believed that they was wrong. They were adamant that the policy with Peugeot does not include S.I.F. and a puncture is "self inflicted", therefore not covered.

Peugeot need to sort this out, as The AA were not prepared to help me without me agreeing and paying £120 in advance.

I got my wife to collect me and had a local tyre come out today to carry out two repairs. £25 call out £22 per repair + the dreaded vat. So not an arm and a leg. It could have been a lot worse had it not been where it was and on the day that it was, allowing me to leave the car where it was until the following day

A

Anonymous

Hi Ron,

I too have had the same discussion with the AA.

Are you still going tomorrow? if so it can be discussed directly with Peugeot.

Glad that they could be repaired and disdnt cost you two new tyres.

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

I will be at Pug HQ 2Morrow. Pearl2 has just had a bath in readiness :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
They chose not to fit a spare wheel after all.
This can happen to any of our members that get a flat tyre not just me with two.

Get a flat tyre and basically you are in the S**t

This is all part of the fun and excitement with this car.....quick spin round the mountain roads, oh no puncture, will I get back home or not tonight :thumbup:

The car comes with no spare wheel, the Salesman explains it all prior to purchase - bit of prior research pays dividends ;)
No use moaning after the event :thumbdown:

OO58RON said:
..... as The AA were not prepared to help me without me agreeing and paying £120 in advance.

I would suggest that this will be the common response.
No point arguing and crying about it in the dark and the rain at the side of the road, most of us will just cough it up and then have potentially six months worth of hassle trying to get our money back - if we even bother.

That's why I always have Full Recovery on-going even when I get (pay for ?!) some sort of Recovery package with a new car.
You just know you're going to end up arguing what's covered / not covered on the side of the road.

Anyways, hope you get sorted and Peugeot do re-imburse you all your costs tomorrow :thumbup:
Maybe a bit extra for the hassle you've endured ;) :thumbup:

Drive safe now :auto-car:

A

Anonymous

"That's why I always have Full Recovery on-going even when I get (pay for ?!) some sort of Recovery package with a new car.
You just know you're going to end up arguing what's covered / not covered on the side of the road."

Yep so do I, spent many years working for agent garages on call for AA/RAC/Green Flag (National Breakdown as it was then) and all the others, know too well the girl at the end of the phone holds all the aces ! Get cover, end of.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
"That's why I always have Full Recovery on-going even when I get (pay for ?!) some sort of Recovery package with a new car.
You just know you're going to end up arguing what's covered / not covered on the side of the road."

Yep so do I, spent many years working for agent garages on call for AA/RAC/Green Flag (National Breakdown as it was then) and all the others, know too well the girl at the end of the phone holds all the aces ! Get cover, end of.

Paul141

Lesson learnt. A new experience for me. One learns by ones experiences.

A

Anonymous

I can confirm that on the RCZ, the Roadside Assistance which is provided by the AA will include assistance in the eventuality of a puncture, irrespective of whether or not it is possible to use the emergency tyre repair kit. This change is in the process of being implemented and the AA have confirmed that it will be in place within all their systems within the next 48 hours.

A

Anonymous

Peugeot Group said:
I can confirm that on the RCZ, the Roadside Assistance which is provided by the AA will include assistance in the eventuality of a puncture, irrespective of whether or not it is possible to use the emergency tyre repair kit.
This change is in the process of being implemented and the AA have confirmed that it will be in place within all their systems within the next 48 hours.

Yay :clap: :thumbup:

Yet another positive outcome resulting from the initial post.

Well Done Peugeot for stepping up to the Plate once again - and of course, Ron for raising it.

:beer: