What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Turtle wax platinum ultra gloss on my RCZ

A

Anonymous

Just spent 2 hours waxing my car (rear part not yet) with turtle wax platinum ultra gloss. This it he best (most expensive, around 13 pound I paid) that I can find in my local supermarket, read some reviews online, and finally bought it and give it a try to my RCZ.

I was using only Permanon on my RCZ since I got it, and the result is not very satisfying. The surface doesn't feel very smooth, though water does breed on it. I felt that a wax should do better on the surface coating, and happened to see this turtle wax platinum ultra gloss.

Quite easy to apply, I don't have a buff machine, so was using hand wax only. I tried on the roof of my RCZ first, since it is dark and full with swirl marks, so is the most obvious place to see the effect and result.

The result is quite satisfying. The paint surface feels smooth after applying the wax, and it doesn't require hard buffing on the surface. Quite an easy job for the lazy me.

Still some rough dirt on the surface. My next purchase shall be clay and detailer I guess. :D

Attachments

• turtle wax platinum ultra gloss.jpg
    turtle wax platinum ultra gloss.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,309

RCZ1

Reaction score
My husband would be proud of you :clap: :thumbup:

He thinks nothing can beat good 'ole Turtle wax :D

Interesting that you say you are not happy with Permanon. I've seen plenty of bad reviews of Permanon, even though its made by the same people who make Gtechniq. Maybe your car needs a claying if if feels rough.

A

Anonymous

And It's very strange because a lot of good review about Gtechniq. And Gtechniq it's just rebrand from Permanon. Not just same people it's same product.

A

Anonymous

I used autoglym super resin polish last weekend and was very impressed with the results. Im no detailer but the shine on the car would have fooled some. Also use turtle wax wet n dry. Will post a pic next time I treat the car to a bath.. I mean shower!

A

Anonymous

Over the last 40 years or more I must have used every brand of polish there is, people used to say my garage looked like a branch of Halfords!! I used Bilt Hambers cleanser polish followed by their hydra wax last Oct, the finish is still as good today, it so easy to apply as well.

A

Anonymous

It's all personal preference but I love the meguiars ultimate finish and the collinite wax, been on almost 3 months now and still beading... :thumbup: :clap:
The chemical boys citrus wash is fantastic for a shampoo and a little goes a long way leaving a wonderful gloss finish!!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Halfords have a deal on this Easter weekend buy one cleaning chemical get one free :dance: