What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tuning Like DS3 Racing

A

Anonymous

What do they change to get 211BHP in the DS3? they use a 156thp as the turbo on the 200 doesn't fit in the body
Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

The Turbo is changed, the Pistons and the ECU tuning. I believe the exhaust is also changed.

I am unsure if the DS3R uses the Variable timing on both sides as per teh RCZ200 or just on one like the 156

A

Anonymous

You are wrong. In DS3R 200HP the whole engine, turbo and ECu are exactly the same as in 156 HP version. Only changes are:
- small differences in exhaust
- different fuel map

A

Anonymous

So a ecu remap is probably safe if it gets similar to the work done in a ds3r no? also i was thinking anyone ever thought of aesthetical modifications like in a ds3, i mean black rcz white roof and mirrors for example? and black rims? something in this lines?

A

Anonymous

Yes it's safe, but some tuners says that with stock 1.6 THP 156HP exhaust it is difficult to achieve more than 180-190 HP with remap only. It is essantial to change blow off valve internal parts on that form 2.0 VW TFSI also when you plan to do any remap.

A

Anonymous

tomu80 said:
You are wrong. In DS3R 200HP the whole engine, turbo and ECu are exactly the same as in 156 HP version. Only changes are:
- small differences in exhaust
- different fuel map
Pretty sure te tubby is different to the 156, the exhaust also differs from the sport to the racing.

A

Anonymous

i managed to get 210bhp and 300Nm for my 156 RCZ. i used ECU remap.

not too sure about how its done on the DS3 racing though