What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TT MK3 Matrix headlights

renegade79

Reaction score
Just seen this video over on the TT forum of the new matrix headlights!! Serious technology!!

http://youtu.be/jDshTXFLsUk

Serms to be a few moans and groans from customers reporting problems with phone connectivity, stereo and sat nav systems!!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
nothing really groundbraking here. But Audi is well known for doing proper marketing. Thus the innovations are assigned to them.

From time to time I run across cars with this lighting technology and I must say they are bedazzling. There are situations on the road where those systems do not "see" an approaching car and the light is shooting straight into your eyes (even if I control myself and do not look into the rays).
In general a good idea but not flawless yet. Keep working on it!

renegade79

Reaction score
yes the video is impressive but i am a little sceptical as to how effective the system is at averting the angle of the beam away from oncoming cars.

i believe the led option is about £1200stg and the matrix option is £2500stg :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Surely led's already old hat BMW and audi both gonna introduce laser lights on too of range modles

A

Anonymous

They rely on sensors? I had headlight assist on an A4 the bloody thing was useless , didn't switch off when cars approached and failed to switch main beam on even on a pitch black b road, nothing wrong with them apparently!!

A

Anonymous

What happens when your cars mucky.... Pals TT goes nuts when reversing and his car is muddy

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Figo said:
What happens when your cars mucky.... Pals TT goes nuts when reversing and his car is muddy

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Ah, there is that.... :lol: My parking sensors doesn't like ice at all either. Have to keep them turned off during winter.

Or what about when the entire front lights are covered with a layer of ice, as is pretty standard here.

A

Anonymous

Well i have been in a Audi TTS with the led matrix headlights.........Whaoooh,awesome they light the road like nothing else,in layman's terms......they light up in full beam..but a camera/computer chooses where the light beams shine avoiding oncoming traffic and the car's in front,seperate Led's are activated,yeah Laser headlights are the future,but the only car l know that has them is the new Audi R8 and even then,the lasers only work when full beam is activated

A

Anonymous

Mikey said:
They rely on sensors? I had headlight assist on an A4 the bloody thing was useless , didn't switch off when cars approached and failed to switch main beam on even on a pitch black b road, nothing wrong with them apparently!!

Do you mean "High Beam Assist" amazing thing had it on my ST, worked perfectly and far quicker than any human could switch between dipped/main beam :cool:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Mikey said:

Do you mean "High Beam Assist" amazing thing had it on my ST, worked perfectly and far quicker than any human could switch between dipped/main beam :cool:

Yep thats correct "no beam assist"! It just didn't work!!