What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

trying to reach 250 hp on a 2.0 HDi RCZ

Anton2k

Reaction score
Just got it, the duel mass fly wheel dmf and clutch shouldnt not be affected a low rpm if torque is delevered correctly though a good map

csb64

Reaction score
Don't mean to revive an old thread but I found it an interesting read, mainly because I am looking to get my 2.0 HDi remapped.

Couple of questions, firstly the air filter if you put a K&N or a piper cross on the HDi it can effect BHP? I always though air filters didn't really add or take away much in the way of any BHP for an image and mainly made it sound nicer.

Next, what kind of BHP could I expect from a remap + a DPF pass-though/delete? and will that be safe for a stock clutch?

Would be happy if I could get to the 200 BHP mark with some nice torque... safely lol!
I got a Celtic Tune remap K&N air filter this transformed the car,they said 200bhp and it feels like it to.MPG around 55,its in gear acceleration that is the biggest improvement,I think it was around £250 all in.Not bad for nearly 25% increase in power

Pedro

Reaction score
Since 2014 it is illegal to drive that has been modified Capture deisle filters.JPG without it if one is fitted to the car

Woodso

Reaction score
I don't think that they actually remove it, I assume that they are switching off the reporting function via the ECU as they say it is "delete". Whilst a dodgy practice, I would think that technically it is legal although an insurance company make take a dim view of it, if you don't tell them that you had it done as part of the re-map. I assume that you have told the insurance company that the vehicle has had the re-map, as your are obliged to do under your policy T&C's.

Goodbye

Reaction score
I don't think that they actually remove it, I assume that they are switching off the reporting function via the ECU as they say it is "delete". Whilst a dodgy practice, I would think that technically it is legal although an insurance company make take a dim view of it, if you don't tell them that you had it done as part of the re-map. I assume that you have told the insurance company that the vehicle has had the re-map, as your are obliged to do under your policy T&C's.
???

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Technically your vehicle is uninsured ? Your insurance policy states has the vehicle been modifies in any way & literally 100s if not 1000s just ignore telling the Insurers so if you do have a nasty accident & its discovered the Engine has been remapped you are liable for all damages repair costs & personal injuries if sustained & your insurer can sue you for fraud so is it worth the hassle

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Pedro any modifications to a car must let the Insurance company know as if there's an accident they will find any thing wrong with your car as not to pay out.. Even a stickers on the car I think it's better to tell them and pay a little bit more than lose your car insurance and money.... Only one winner and we all know who that is

Woodso

Reaction score
Basically it is a dodge, even Celtic Tuning website states that they "offer DPF solutions for Off-Road usage only". I think that say's it all, I agree with Pedro, anyone who has this done will be uninsured.

csb64

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have a 2liter HDi RCZ in Hungary, and I want to tune it for at least 250 hp.
We already did an ecu remap to 180hp, but the turbocharger and the ECU of the car did not liked the remap so I removed it.

It is believed that the stock fuel pump is good for 200hp, but not more, so I would need a new, bigger fuel pump. Which one would fit the car?
Also, I would need a bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler as well. Could you recommend some?
Would I need new CR Nozzles or not?
If some of you did a 250hp build from the HDi, please let me know!
Many thanks!
I had a modified airtec intercoller
Hi and welcome, I haven’t heard of anyone taking a HDI to 250bhp there are a few petrol cars doing that and more.
Good luck with it keep us informed of how your getting on 👍

Hello All!

I have a 2liter HDi RCZ in Hungary, and I want to tune it for at least 250 hp.
We already did an ecu remap to 180hp, but the turbocharger and the ECU of the car did not liked the remap so I removed it.

It is believed that the stock fuel pump is good for 200hp, but not more, so I would need a new, bigger fuel pump. Which one would fit the car?
Also, I would need a bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler as well. Could you recommend some?
Would I need new CR Nozzles or not?
If some of you did a 250hp build from the HDi, please let me know!
Many thanks!
I had a modified airtec intercooler remouted that is nearly double size of original,plus a full service with different custom induction fitted and then a Celtic remap,I have been told it's good for 215bhp and 351lb/ft, it picks up real quick low down,Waiting for lockdown to be fully lifted then it's up to Tony Banks in Leeds for quad ex

csb64

Reaction score
This never got through the MOT I thought it was a gamble,had map taken off and now just exploring the Tdi tuning box,first impressions great,good mpg,and straight through MOT,you can turn completely off,the wifi on it works fine.big improvements over stock figures if you want that to,quicker then the 200 petrol version,but it's the extra punch over taking and extra mpg I like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210909-125728_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-125728_Torque.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 26

Germd

Reaction score
This never got through the MOT I thought it was a gamble,had map taken off and now just exploring the Tdi tuning box,first impressions great,good mpg,and straight through MOT,you can turn completely off,the wifi on it works fine.big improvements over stock figures if you want that to,quicker then the 200 petrol version,but it's the extra punch over taking and extra mpg I like
Hi
So how you getting on with remap and mods .have 2010 hdi that I'd be interested in doing the same .if you wouldn't mind sharing what you've done so far please .
Regards Gerard