What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Trouble Codes, car won't start

Stima

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just bought a car for my daughter, We were aware that it wouldn't start, but it can be run when pushed.
I've started troubleshooting, but I'm a bit stuck. it is inside with these error codes (see picture)

SnipImage.JPG

Furthermore, the fan/ac, electric windows, electric mirrors, radio do not work.
I have checked all the fuses, but none are defective.
When we try to start, there is only a click and nothing more.
In the panel in the dash it says economy mode activated and engine lamp lights up.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I'm also struggling to find the electrical diagram for the car.

Best Stig

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the battery first as it may be very low on power if its been standing for too long as in "Economy Mode" if Battery is ok I would be suspicious of the Battery control module ? The BCM sits on top of the Battery & can cause problems like lack or no power from the battery to the ancillaries etc if its damaged

Stima

Reaction score
Check the battery first as it may be very low on power if its been standing for too long as in "Economy Mode" if Battery is ok I would be suspicious of the Battery control module ? The BCM sits on top of the Battery & can cause problems like lack or no power from the battery to the ancillaries etc if its damaged
The battery has been replaced because the one in the car was defect.
According to the previous owner, that was when the problems started.
But everything that doesn't work can it come from the same error?

Pedro

Reaction score
U1218-Canbus issue ?
P1676- Alternator charge controller electrical fault issue?
P1693-Turbo loads defective Open circuit?
P2118-Throttle actuator voltage drop open circuit ?
P0565-Cruise control open circuit possibly from voltage drop?
Take out all the plugs & check they are not fouled up ?
I would get a voltage drop test done on the power supply to eliminate a battery control module malfunction