What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Transportation Times

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I've been given a build date of Oct 13th and I was under the impression that shipping the car to the dealer over here (in Hampshire) would taken in the region of 3-4 weeks. So was thinking that collection date would be around the 13th Nov (after PDI, adding dealer fit options, wash down with an oily rag). But spoke to my dealer yesterday and he believed that the shipping time would only be about 2 weeks.

What have been the experiences out there on the time taken from build completion to customer pickup?

Cheers,
Jas

A

Anonymous

I was told 2 weeks, although my car has sat in Calais for 5 days now without moving.One common theme I have read,is to ensure your dealer makes a transport request,otherwise it will not move from Shearness.
hope this helps
David

dpb

Reaction score
Hi Jas,
I am picking my car up today :dance:
Ordered on the 5th June, build date was 22nd August and all I then knew was that car was in Calais on the 10th Sept.
Had call yesterday to say was at the dealership ( derbyshire ) and will be picking up at 4pm this afternoon. :D

Darren.

A

Anonymous

Seems to be 0-1 week for shipping out of Graz; shipping itself takes 2-3 days. Then 1 week to 10 days in Calais (this seems to be the slow bit), 2 days in Sheerness and then its for your dealer to order it for delivery to the showroom. When that's done it seems to take 2-3 days.

A

Anonymous

dpb said:
Hi Jas,
I am picking my car up today :dance:
Ordered on the 5th June, build date was 22nd August and all I then knew was that car was in Calais on the 10th Sept.
Had call yesterday to say was at the dealership ( derbyshire ) and will be picking up at 4pm this afternoon. :D

Darren.

Excellent news! Still a couple of months to wait yet.

A

Anonymous

So it looks like the biggest delay is getting across the pond and potentionally with customs. Still gives me a reasonable idea of how long I've got to sell my car once the RCZ is built.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mine was built 3rd September, in Calais by 6th September. Arrived at distribution centre 15th September. Due at dealers 21st September. So just under 3 weeks.