What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Traffic Updates- RG4- compensation

A

Anonymous

If you have an RG4, and have been looking for traffic camera updates, you have probably been as frustrated as me.
I have been onto Peugoet about this. They have withdrawn the traffic updates for the foreseeable future, due to errors in the existing data. I complained, as I therefore have no traffic camera info, despite having paid for a system that should include it. I got a £50 voucher for my troubles, redeemable against accessories or service at any Peugoet dealers.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Well I also expressed concerns of this problem back to Peugeot customer service.

It has taken a while but they ordered the Navtech update discs told about £150s worth, these have now been uploaded by the dealer FOC.
The system works great although the speed camera warnings are indicated at 3 - 5 mph less than they should be, but at least it tells me.

A

Anonymous

If you are ok with french and can come up with a french postcode you could just download the file via the peugeot france website for 5 euros.

The errors in the database seem to revolve round the indicated speed limits at camera sites , at a 30mph camera the system flags the limit as 25mph, at 50mph cameras its accurate, at 70mph cameras it shows the limit as 68mph.

Ive got the speed camera file running in my rcz.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Fantastic, thanks Marcus.
One (potentially naive) question-
Which of the following did you pick:

Système de navigation GPS 3D
Multimédia
Téléphone GSM intégré et Kit Mains-Libres Bluetooth ®
Cartographie Europe stockée sur Disque Dur

Thanks

A

Anonymous

If you went through http://www.peugeot.fr you should have ended up ended at this page:

http://services.peugeot.fr/mise-a-jour-gps/

of the 2 tabs you need "l'emplacement des radars fixes"

once on the tab you can click on "acheter maintenant" (buy now)

this takes you to :

https://www.wipinforadars.fr/

this is the download site - when you click buy now again step 1 is to put in the 17 character chassis number (starts VF3) if i remember right it then identifies the sat nav system the car has and sets up the downloads for the correct files , if not the RCZ system is Wip Com 3D (also known as NG4)

I had to use google translate on the pages as im not good at french , you need to blag it a bit...you have to create an account with user name & password but it only works with a French postcode, I used a UK address and then a Peugeot Paris postcode. I paid by credit card. Download the file onto a blank memory stick so you can then upload it into the cars nav system as per the instrucitons in the book!

Good Luck.

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Agreed, I got files for the 2011-03-1 but worth it.

Cheers

Stuart