What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Towbar Bumper Clearance

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting an RCZ and looking at the practicalities of getting one. One thing I will need is a towbar, mainly for a bike carrier but also may be for towing. It sounds like Peugeot offer a very neat removable towbar which is great. The one thing I just wanted to check is if the towbar gives a decent amount of clearance between the bumper and the towball? I saw a photo of one fitted and the ball looked quite close to the bumper - is this the case?

The reason I ask is that I have a Thule bike carrier and clamp for it is quite bulky so it needs a reasonable gap between the ball and bumper. One bugbear I've got with my current car is that there's very little clearance between the ball and bumper, which makes it quite tight for putting the bike carrier on. I think my towbar has a lot less clearance than most (to towbar fitter made a comment on this), so I just want to check the same isn't true with the RCZ?

Cheers,

Mike

vialli

Reaction score
Just measured mine & there is a 65 to 70 mm gap between the ball & the bumper.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Vialli. That's about double what I've got on my car so I think that'll do!

Mike

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Another quick question - does anyone know how much weight you can hang on the towball? By that I mean how much weight can be pushed down on the towbar (by a clip on bike carrier), rather than how much it can tow. I think this is known as the nose weight?

I notced that the towbar is one which attaches vertically into the mounting bracket, so I wonder if this limits the weight you can put down on it.

Cheers,

Mike

A

Anonymous

To answer my own question for anyone that looks at this thread in the future, nose weight is 65kg so plenty for a bike carrier.