What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Too many screens...? No. Such. Thing!

2retro

Reaction score
Need an extra set of eyes when reverse parking? 🧐

Unsure if the active spoiler has deployed to stage one or not? 🤔

Ever wanted to take a sneaky peek at the angry driver behind that you left standing at the last set of lights? 🤨

Well, these 'problems' are now history thanks to a tiny wireless camera mounted in the back window and wireless LCD screen in the front! 👍

IMG_20200427_184344.jpg
IMG_20200427_184733.jpg
IMG_20200427_184414.jpgIMG_20200427_184423.jpg

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I assume it also records on a loop. Very handy for those occasions where you are rear ended and the other party says you reversed into them😱

That’s why I put a dashcam in the rear screen. I ran a cable from the fuse box, up the A post along the edge of the headlining then down into the boot and fitted an auxiliary socket on the end, behind the near side access point. I ran the dashcam cable along the headlining down into the boot & plugged it in there. No visible cables anywhere 👍

I do like your idea of the screen at the front though, instead of on the back of the camera. It also means the camera can be much smaller 👍

Fancy sharing where you got yours from?

2retro

Reaction score
This one is just a live feed, no recording. I could have got a second dashcam for the back I guess but just fancied something different. I have several aux sockets in the glove box so the power cable for the screen just runs behind the centre console and plugs straight into a spare port there. Camera is attached to the centre top of the rear screen (and it's really small and inconspicuous) with the cable routed into the boot out of sight which then gets its power from a spare live terminal near the passenger side rear light.

This is it for anyone who's interested: LINK 👍

tm2204

Reaction score
Did you power if from the reverse light so it's only on when your in reverse? Or do you have it on all the time?

2retro

Reaction score
It's on all the time the car's running. There's a spare 'live with ignition on' power supply to tap into back there if you can find it! lol

Marmite

Reaction score