What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Today I have mostly been cleaning

A

Anonymous

Well now my back is broken.
Supernatural washed it.
Do do the paint.
Pure-guarded and Super-guarded the wheels.
RainX the windows.
Blacked the Tyres.
Looking ace for the poor weather next week but at least it's protected!
:beer: time for a beer :beer:
Oh no photos as it was almost dark by the time I finished!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Great stuff RCZ White but :text-worthless:

We really need to see some before and after pictures to really appreciate all your hardwork :D

A

Anonymous

Will try but it's gone from clean to gleaming so before and after would not look that impressive. Next time
I'll go to a farm!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
No you don't want to get it really dirty :lol:

Which Dodo wax did you use?

Supernatural, I got that with the shampoo at a TVR event auction, £20 the pair, bargain!
I applied it with a micro cloth, should I have used my bare hands for the temperature?
Left for 15 to 30 mins and microed away. I love the way it polishes up so easily, compared to the tough application.
Am I doing it right?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Wow, that it is a bargain :thumbup:

Supernatural is quite difficult to apply by hand as its more of a hard wax. I have used my bare hands to apply it, but my hands really ached afterwards.
Its probably best to use the Dodo finger mitts to apply it - its much easier.
It does buff off nicely though and leaves a lovely finish. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

took me 30 mins for a full clean/wax today and its gleeming with dare i say it- showroom shine.

RCZ1

Reaction score
bee said:
took me 30 mins for a full clean/wax today and its gleeming with dare i say it- showroom shine.

30 minutes :!: It takes me that long just to do one wheel :!

It will also take more than half an hour for the wax alone to cure before it can be buffed off (my waxes at least). :lol:

Which wax did you use?

A

Anonymous

thats the one-fab. its a waterless car cleaner with carnuba wax-spay on and clean off.all sufacers inc glass wheels mirrors etc. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I don't have any of those fancy shampoos mentioned as I'm using some that I bought for my last car and it always came up lovely, but today I washed my RCZ for the first time (only got it last Friday) and it was a bonding experience. I fell in love with its lines and curves all over again as I learned its shape intimately. I washed, rinsed, dried and polished then for the first time EVER applied carnauba wax and buffed it off. I was charging in and out between checking on the cooking so it's a wonder I didn't ingite the sausages! :lol: By the time I was finished (literally :lol: :lol: :lol: ) it was almost dark and then the heavens opened! RCZ1 had recommended lovely stuff for cleaning and protecting the leather and I applied some of this...what a lovely smell :dance: . I'd made the mistake of wearing new indigo jeans on Saturday and there was the slightest hint of blue on the outer cusp of the seat...not any more :thumbup: . So now I think I've been bitten by the detailing bug. I'm even contemplating buying a buffing tool but as a detailing novice I'm a wee bit scared of them :helpme:

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
I don't have any of those fancy shampoos mentioned as I'm using some that I bought for my last car and it always came up lovely, but today I washed my RCZ for the first time (only got it last Friday) and it was a bonding experience. I fell in love with its lines and curves all over again as I learned its shape intimately. I washed, rinsed, dried and polished then for the first time EVER applied carnauba wax and buffed it off. I was charging in and out between checking on the cooking so it's a wonder I didn't ingite the sausages! :lol: By the time I was finished (literally :lol: :lol: :lol: ) it was almost dark and then the heavens opened! RCZ1 had recommended lovely stuff for cleaning and protecting the leather and I applied some of this...what a lovely smell :dance: . I'd made the mistake of wearing new indigo jeans on Saturday and there was the slightest hint of blue on the outer cusp of the seat...not any more :thumbup: . So now I think I've been bitten by the detailing bug. I'm even contemplating buying a buffing tool but as a detailing novice I'm a wee bit scared of them :helpme:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done there L.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there when you say about falling in love all over again getting to know its lines and curves. You do know your car intimately - its not just a tool for driving from A to B, as many of my friends think, its something that actually exists. :helpme: God, I've just read that back and even I think I'm not right :lol:

So when it rained, you must have had some lovely beading water on the car too :?: Which wax did you use? - just interested to know that's all. Glad the leather stuff worked for you. It does smell lovely too as you say. Its about time I put some more protection cream on my hubby's leather interior - its due its 3 monthly top up. :!:

By the way, I've got an old door panel for you to practise on if you decide to get a buffing tool :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done there L.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there when you say about falling in love all over again getting to know its lines and curves. You do know your car intimately - its not just a tool for driving from A to B, as many of my friends think, its something that actually exists. :helpme: God, I've just read that back and even I think I'm not right :lol: Er, I hope it actually DOES exist otherwise I'm sitting on the ground grinning like a loon!

So when it rained, you must have had some lovely beading water on the car too :?: Yup :dance: Which wax did you use? - just interested to know that's all. AutoBright carnauba wax from their website, came with applicator pad and lovely soft micro towel to buff off. Smells gorgeous (the wax, not the towel :lol: ) Glad the leather stuff worked for you. It does smell lovely too as you say. Its about time I put some more protection cream on my hubby's leather interior - its due its 3 monthly top up. :!:

By the way, I've got an old door panel for you to practise on if you decide to get a buffing tool :lol
Now I know you're only kidding about the panel but could you picture the scene..."Special delivery from East Riding to Norn Iron...one battered door panel. Em, 'scuse me, lady, but don't they have these over here???" :lol: