What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

timing chain update

A

Anonymous

my rcz is now in the dealers it needs new timing chain all will be done under warranty which has just two months left i will not get the car back till the end of the week only 19000 miles :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Be very careful with garages. Mine went in with an engine management light on and a main dealer told me I needed a whole new timing chain, without even inspecting the car. They wanted to charge me £700 plus and £167 for diagnosis!

They didn't realise that I had the chain replaced 8 months earlier. All that was need was to reset adaptions?? The garage that had previously done the chain sorted that for free!

Whats more worrying is that the so called diagnosis didn't even bring up the reset adaptions even when the AA roadside report did. £167 paid for nothing!

My car is a little older so out of warranty - I would never trust that particular dealer ever again! Cancelled my service plan with them and gone with an independent Peugeot mechanic.

A

Anonymous

i iam glad to say i have my rcz back from the dealers today all is well the work was carried out under warranty i am glad to say so no cost the work carried out
fitted new timing chain
new chain guides
new crank pulley bolts
reset auto adaptions :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Reset Adaptions

The purpose of the Reset Adaptions function is to reset the base values stored in the CM's memory to a zero state. These base values vary according to the age of the engine and the purpose of them is to maintain a perfectly adjusted engine system. After a reset the CM will re-learn the values, either automatically or by the technician performing a number of steps.

The function should be used when important components have been replaced. If the base values are not reset the engine will experience stalling and hesitation problems.