What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

timing chain recall

Aussie mike

Reaction score
i went to look for a used RCZ to buy and in my search found one that had the timing chain recently replaced and discovered the dealer did it for free as there is a company wide recall. the car i looked at had a build date of 12/12. When i called the dealer i found my car with a 1/13 build date was not covered.

Pedro

Reaction score
They apparently upgraded the Chain set up in the 2013 facelift models

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Never knew that so good to know….Mines a 13 plate so probably not covered but any you guys with older models might be worth a try…unless theres a Certain time limit to get it done….

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yes, all the MkI Z’s had the original Timing chain assembly.

The upgrade was fitted as standard on the MkII’s and was fitted to any MkI that went in with that fault. I have seen a few MkII’s on here that have had timing chain issues, so it’s not infallible.

Silverbullit

Reaction score
I have a 2012 but I dunno if it would qualify... prolly not I imagine. Got it October 11th-ish and I dont think I did 100 kilometers yet since it mainly been in and out of shops like... every day I drive it out I get new warnings and error codes and oh my holy effin father teddish reality overwhelming me here... :rolleyes:

Having error codes demanding immediate change of timing chain... :/
What kind of brand should I get? SKF?
Is there a package with packings and stuff complete?

Any help appreciated mates