What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Time to tinker...

hahip_30

Reaction score
Hello all,

so with being in lock down and not being able to drive the car, thoughts have turned to modifications..;)

I have the 156hp GT model from 2011 and what I have in mind is:
Remap - I've scoured the forum for information and the overall consensus seems to be remap over racechip box
Catback exhaust - couple of places near to me that have quoted around £300 - £500, assuming this is a general ball park figure of most places?
Lowering springs / aftermarket shocks - Not done much research into this as of yet, looking at the H & R lowering springs but cant seem to find shocks to match (coil-overs out of budget)

If anybody has any nuggets of knowledge or suggestions / personal experiences in relation to what I have mentioned please do share!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, yes I’ve done to my car most of what your looking to do, the remap is a no brainer for me it totally transforms a 156 you only have to go stage 1 and you’ll get better fuel economy too, I’ve got a custom cat back quad exhaust and depending on what tips you go for reflect in the price, I went for the centre box (resonator) delete which gives the exhaust a lovely deep tone. I am looking at suspension but will probably go coilovers but have looked at air too which I am tempted to do, I’ve spoken to one guy who went lowering springs on standard shocks but weren’t happy and said the ride was too harsh.
Let us know how you get on and post some photos of your mods 👍

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you’re talking from experience there H,
Show us some photos of your car and the mods you’ve done 👍

hahip_30

Reaction score
you can buy AP coilovers for 500 eur, st x for 700, bilstein b14 for 850, kw1 1000 and kw 2 for 1400 eur
only worth buying is kw 2, they are adjustable soft/firm, other coilovers from list are crap
but stay away from coilovers, RCZ has short stroke shocks and if you lower it it will become too stif-crashy and handling will be worst then before
Rcz has great road hold, no matter which model you drive, its the power that lacks except for R
some say 200 its faster than 156 and hdi but its only because of power, 156 is lighter 95 kg then hdi-power is same, but track times are identical ...
Go for remap, you can do it by your self, buy Kess and send file to tuner, save your original file if you want to revert back to original and you will save money, it is really easy to do... its shame you didnt buy 200, with remap it would be really nice
if you want better handling, buy Bilstein B6 shocks and keep your original springs, or buy R springs-shocks at Peugeot it will lower car by 1 cm
Dont buy Bilstein B12 kit or any other aftermark springs just B6 shocks
put 10 mm spacers on back wheels, it will improve turn in and make car more playful, same as on R
set toe, camber settings same as on R this will make big improvement
last thing is to change lower arm bushes, you can put them from 206 S16 but difference is not big, original bushes are quite stiff, and dont buy Powerflex bushes, they dont last, waste of money
on THP engine you can put aftermark LSD from Quaife and if you do all of this you have R ;)
all of this is worth only if you drive hard and on limit, normal rcz can be playful especially in cold weather and rain , you can oversteer it easily its really fun
drive hard I do ;)

Hi H,

that’s some really in depth info there and much appreciated! Shocks and spacers it is, and unfortunately I just couldn’t find a thp200 as nice as the 156 I have, bar a few swirl marks my 156 is immaculate and couldn’t help but jump on it after a test drive and inspection!!

thanks 👍

thornebt

Reaction score
You're going to need a low profile trolley jack as well! Cheers. Bruce.

hahip_30

Reaction score
You're going to need a low profile trolley jack as well! Cheers. Bruce.
That’s where I lucked out,
My partners dad is a mechanic with a shop, so I’ll say pretty please and he might let me put it on the ramp 😁

dingley48

Reaction score
Hello all,

so with being in lock down and not being able to drive the car, thoughts have turned to modifications..;)

I have the 156hp GT model from 2011 and what I have in mind is:
Remap - I've scoured the forum for information and the overall consensus seems to be remap over racechip box
Catback exhaust - couple of places near to me that have quoted around £300 - £500, assuming this is a general ball park figure of most places?
Lowering springs / aftermarket shocks - Not done much research into this as of yet, looking at the H & R lowering springs but cant seem to find shocks to match (coil-overs out of budget)

If anybody has any nuggets of knowledge or suggestions / personal experiences in relation to what I have mentioned please do share!
I had a tdi t uning box put on my 156gt as when I had my custom quad backbox done by tony banks of leeds he said a remap could not be done its better on fuel acceleration it now has 195bhp has 7 settings and works brilliantly