What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

THP 1.6 200 - bigger turbocharger and remap

Blantche

Reaction score
Hello,

At the start, I need to say that I'm newbie in car mechanic and tuning.

My car have 169 000 mileage and I need to change my turbocharger because it leaks oil.

It is worth to change the turbocharger for bigger and do remap with this mileage, or it's too danger for exhausted engine?

I found this turbocharger for stage 1:
https://genesisturbo.eu/pl/c109522-turbosprezarka-1.html

The seller said that turbocharger has bigger billet compressor wheel and make about 30% more compressed air.

How much HP gives remap with and without turbocharger?

NF7

Reaction score
Following as interested in the same answer.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
if you need more power then go for it, you can easily reach 260-270hp but you will probably need a bigger intercooler and maybe a bigger downpipe? i don't know for thp 200
if power is not your problem you can service your own turbo and do a remap or leave it as it is
with a remap only you should expect 240 hp depending the condition of your engine

Blantche

Reaction score
@ONLY AEK Thank you for your response!

260-270hp is nice to have, but it's not important for me if i need to change everything. Without changing intercooler and downpipe that no make sens to change turbocharger for bigger? Store said that turbocharger is for stage 1.

you can service your own turbo
Yea, i know but i need the car right now, and service takes some time, so better for me is buying a regenerated turbocharger and replace it in 2 days. The different between standard and bigger turbo is only 900 PLN (190 euro)

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
the bigger turbo will work even if you don't change anything else (as long as you do the remap) but you won't have the maximum result
also you can upgreade your intercoller or anything else any time in the future

Blantche

Reaction score
Hm, that's sound good. I will buy the bigger turbo then, do remap and in the future maybe i upgrade intercooler :)
Thank you :)

Pedro

Reaction score
I would get a health check (rolling road) on the engine first as its in the high Klm criteria ?

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I agree with Pedro
It is possible that you will need and valve cleaning in this mileage