What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Thoughts

Richk

Reaction score
Should I run a mile..or not. Ticks most boxes I'm after, still on the wall whether to go for Hdi as will only do prob less than a few thousand miles a year. Unfortunately it's a Cat D and he has no info or photos of the damage and it's had six owners in eight years. Saw this car as a private sale before Xmas being sold as not an insurance claim car but seller was adamant it wasn't even though my checks showed it was. Seems to be untaxed for six months so hung around a while. Being sold by Radlett cars, he has 10 for sale.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-22-08-02-03.png
    Screenshot_2022-03-22-08-02-03.png
    259 KB · Views: 15

Pedro

Reaction score
Why no history ? What is the Mileage & have you heard it running? Check the old mot's for advises & you know the old saying- If its too good to be true it defiantly is-

Richk

Reaction score
Only just seen it listed, 41000 miles, MOT history good, a fail on front tyres once. Reg is SG64EPD. My biggest concern is it was an insurance loss only at 18 months old. I know Cat D is today's Cat N but to write off a car prob worth £16-20k at the time must have been substantial.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
I could be wrong but at 41.000 with 6 owners in 8 yrs would throw up a red flag to me Looks like its a round robin motor ie once someone has trouble its been offloaded pronto maybe through a corner shop dealer & onto the next owners who probably inherited even more trouble?
How much do they want for the car?

Richk

Reaction score
Up for £6995, seller has come back to me and says four stamps in the service book and would be serviced before sale. Have messaged the chap who had it for sale privately on Facebook for a heads up, may even be his car still as see Radletts sell cars on commission basis. He had it up for £8750 or around that price. May not come back to me though as even after I did two checks and showed and Cat D he was adamant it has completely clear. Six owners is a lot in eight years.

Pedro

Reaction score
Too may owners for my liking were they all vicars only taking it out for a run on a Sunday? Just doesn't sound right for a diesel with that mileage unless it spent more time in the repair shop than on the road another thing to consider is has it been "clocked" as the last owner is being elusive with its history?

Richk

Reaction score
It's a 200 not an Hdi, miles seem right for the mot check. Did another check and it's five owners, first was supplying dealer so assume a pre reg car, second or first proper owner crunched it after 16 months, sold as a Cat D, third kept it 18 months, fourth kept it nearly three years, last owner from last April where it's done next to no miles and not taxed since last September which is an oddity.

Richk

Reaction score
Plot thickens, found by chance looking at old posts and said car photos pop up by a forum member here. A regular poster since 2016 and bought the car, his second RCZ in April 2021,many posts about the car but he has not posted anything on the forum since September, same time the car has remained untaxed. December Facebook advert of the car said sale due to family bereavement.

Flanners

Reaction score
.....the fact you are deliberating says it all.....personally I would go nowhere near it.

Richk

Reaction score
Yeah, you are probably right, maybe heart ruling the head, trying to justify a 250 round trip to view. Shame the seller back in December wasn't more transparent as car was only 10 miles from me but was asking top money, nearly £2k more without wanting to disclose it was a Cat loss car. Looks like it was sold into the trade at a lot less money.

Pedro

Reaction score
It's a 200 not an Hdi, miles seem right for the mot check. Did another check and it's five owners, first was supplying dealer so assume a pre reg car, second or first proper owner crunched it after 16 months, sold as a Cat D, third kept it 18 months, fourth kept it nearly three years, last owner from last April where it's done next to no miles and not taxed since last September which is an oddity.
Sorry I thought you were the owner of the HDI on another forum who was asking my advice ! :eek::rolleyes: