What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tesco dents

David Jones

Reaction score
Hi All. Sad to say that some Philistine has put a dent into my RCZ. Rear driver side. Been in contact with a local dent person who reckons that the area in question has a double skin and to do a repair it will need to be filled and rubbed down. I have pulled out a lot of the dent and dealt with some scratches but a small dent remains where the wheel arch curves into the panel in front of it. Any tips.

Attachments

• 20220305_112415.jpg
    20220305_112415.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 30

Flanners

Reaction score
Get another PDR opinion...some are much more skilful than others.

Richk

Reaction score
Had a similar issue with my daughter's fairly new Passat, three mobile dent chaps came out and said the same that area hit was double skinned so couldn't get behind the damaged skin to effect a good repair. Ended up in the bodyshop for the repair.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I take it that it won’t pull out any further. 🤔
As has been advised, I would ask at least a couple more of the mobile type dent repairers, chips away, dent devils, dent magic etc.
It could well end up as a body shop job though I’m afraid 😔

Kerr

Reaction score
I doubt the usual PDR guys will sort that. Even if they do manage to pull the dent the paint is too damaged. It'll need to be painted.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When my Brother was alive, he always owned top end BMW’s, Mercs etc.

He was not known for being the most careful driver and was on first name terms with the guy from the local Chipsaway franchise.
I have to say I was always mightily impressed having seen the before and after.
They could generally sort out almost everything he threw at them, including paint scratches that went down to the metal.

I would think it would be worth a phone call

Richk

Reaction score
That damage looks very much like what my daughter had on her Passat but on a rear wing, went to bodyshop in the end and was £450.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
The dent looks like it could be repaired via "induction paintless dent repair", but I have no experience of those systems, only seen on wheeler dealers a while back. A quick search shows people still offer that service though?

Pedro

Reaction score
Looks just cosmetic a good sprayer will sort that out speaking of which some fookin effin cretin has caused 2 small chips near the boot badge pity I wasn't there to see it!:mad::mad::mad:

402SS

Reaction score
Hi All. Sad to say that some Philistine has put a dent into my RCZ. Rear driver side. Been in contact with a local dent person who reckons that the area in question has a double skin and to do a repair it will need to be filled and rubbed down. I have pulled out a lot of the dent and dealt with some scratches but a small dent remains where the wheel arch curves into the panel in front of it. Any tips.
That looks like a hard rub! Looks like the guard liner has detached as well. Jack up right rear and take off wheel. Pull guard liner back and see if it double skinned. If it is, consult insurance company.

Richk

Reaction score
Why contact the insurance company ? It will cost a lot more in excess and future years no claims bonus/premium. Even if it's say £400 or so max it will cost you a lot more going the insurance route. And as for excess protection on your insurance that's another gripe with me. Had a claim a few years back, no bother I thought as have protected no claims, on renewal they bumped the premium up by about 50% as had a claim so even though I had full no claims paid a lot more on renewals for a few years.