What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tailpipe condition could this mean your engine is in good health ?

Pedro

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone cleans inside the normal or Quad tailpipes ends (if fitted) when washing the car ?
Theoretically the normal left sided (passenger side) tailpipe is exhausting most of the crap but with a quad its split 2 ways but the right side only exhausts a minimal outflow as the stream is pressured primarily through the original pathway so should one tailpipe be dirtier than the other also does a heavier "sooty" deposit on the ends indicate the engine has dirty oil and maybe a lot of carbon build up I clean around he inner edges & find hardly any thick deposits so I assume its running as it should be or to be precise its burning clean as a whistle?

Attachments

• 000_0046.JPG
    000_0046.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 000_0047.JPG
    000_0047.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 11

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Before my remap I always got sooty tailpipes and cleaned the residue off every wash since the remap the tips stay clean as a whistle so obviously the car as standard runs a little rich,

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I was rich and could afford quads and then compare hat on the floor for donations lol 😂 but on a serious note I always clean the inside of the exhaust when cleaning the car...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co