What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Swan neck detachable towbar

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, im going back to the dealer this weekemd to hopefully place an order for the new facelift rcz, but need some information about having a detachable swan neck towbar. Does anyone have one fitted? is any part of the mounting visible when the tow ball is removed? Does the towbar need to be placed with the new car order, or can it be fitted after delivery....Please help, mountain biker in need

Hatman

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

The tow bar can be retrofitted. If it is the same swan neck original Peugeot for the 207. Tuning was needed to the back valance(hacksaw blade & half round file). Two black socket covers are visible as well as the swan neck attachment. Should be ok if used with a bike rack, I would be wary of damage to the rear valance if used with a trailer.

A

Anonymous

I've got the towbar, it's a neat piece of kit. The electrics swing up into the car when not in use so you really cannot tell theres anything there when the towbar is off. I think they do make a small cut in the bumper but it's well under the car, you'd not see it all unless you were looking under there.
The only thing to watch is the rated towing weight is low (can't remember it off the top of my head.)

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the replies, if any one out there has got one fitted, could you post a picture or two please :) . I would like to add a two cycle carrier, which could hold two downhill mountain bikes approx 18 kg each. :oops: I know it sounds a bit fussy, but this mountain bike hobby is really causing me an issue in ordering this car..........and i want one so bad :D

A

Anonymous

I'll try to get a photo or two, if I remember when it's daylight. To be honest it won't show much as it's all hidden when the towbar is removed!

It's perfect for a bike carrier, that's exactly what I use it for. For me this was one of the reasons I went for the RCZ because the towbar is such a neat setup.
I use a Thule Euroclassic carrier which fits on fine with plenty bumper clearance. You can even open the boot without having to tilt the carrier!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply :D Idid it.......I ordered my new rcz 156 GT in white on saturday, cant wait for it now :thumbup: The dealer wanted £473 for the towbar, I said ill go halves on it for a sign the deal on the day, and we had a deal :p Hope it includes fittig :oops: