What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Superchips GT200 remap

D

Deleted User

Had the boys down at Buckingham (Superchips HQ) do my RCZ a few weeks back.

Must say I'm absolutely delighted.

I've used Superchips before (for other cars) as they not only focus on power gains but also spend a lot of time on improving how the power is delivered and also the general drivability of the car.

How does it go? Much better is the answer. It's a lot more responsive from lower down and really tends to start 'hauling ass' as you motor up the rev range.

As i'm fortunate enough to own a disused airfield, one area where you really notice the gains is when you gun it in 6th gear from 70mph to 100mph.

The car also generally 'feels' better to drive. For some reason which I never really understood the car used to 'hunt' when coasting down in speed at low revs. That has completely gone now - therefore it's clear the folks at Superchips have spent a great deal of time on this map, and not just on the dyno.

I've no doubt at all that there will be other companies out there who offer more power, more talk, more bragging rights and that's cool. But for me, I'm happy knowing I've a safe remap and also one that improves the whole car and not just dyno results.

Not that I'm especially interested, but it seems to have improved MPG by a couple of miles. But that's not why I bought the car or the remap. My 207 diesel takes care of being economical!

Hope the above is of interest!

Ian B

2retro

Reaction score
beaks said:
I'm fortunate enough to own a disused airfield
Is that code for, like, the M25 or something? :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You’d do well to get out of 4th on that road from the few experiences I’ve had on it. :eusa-think: :eek: :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about my re-map it’s definitely worth having done :dance:

Flanners

Reaction score
2retro said:
beaks said:
I'm fortunate enough to own a disused airfield
Is that code for, like, the M25 or something? :lol:

Not with the Smart Motorways and the covertly placed average speed cameras, I drove up to MK's the other week and the weight of traffic and nose to tail at 60mph was sobering :thumbdown: A and B roads only down South when safe and appropriate...except many are like the surface of the moon :wtf:

I would always go for a decent remap over the plug and play 'generic' box jobbie.