What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Superchip (bluefin) for HDI RCZ

A

Anonymous

I contacted Superchips on Wednesday asking if they were working on a bluefin for the RCZ, to which they replied:

"We have already released a modification for this engine in Fords but we have not yet seen it in a Peugeot. If you were able to to call in at our offices in Buckinham to let us have a look at the engine management system in the first instance, this would be extremely helpful"

Regrettably this is quite a distance from me or I would jump at the chance of a free installation (should be an easy negotiation). Is there anyone on here who lives local that would be willing to let them have a look?

I am sure that the results that they could get would be amazing and having seen there product before it is very reliable and very easy to overwrite and re-write before and after services.

Please letme know and I will pass on the details.

Check out the video clip in the attached.

A

Anonymous

so are they wanting to do a custom remap for the diesel rcz?i had a remap in my diesel several years ago and what a difference it made and well worth it :thumbup: but not to over do the remap is the secret.should easily brake 200bhp and the high 200's in NMS OF TORQUE OR THE 300 MARK :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yes Jassy but this comes with a handheld device that you can revert back to original and then back to remapped mode at your leisure. so no worries about warranty.

Not sure about topping the 200 mark but will be mid to high 190's and great improvement in torque. Oh and betterfuel economy.

Just need someone local to let them take some readings.

A

Anonymous

I wish I was closer, I'd be up for being a guinea pig! :wave: :cool:

A

Anonymous

Yeah that's quite a distance for you for sure. I am hoping someone on here might be local and interested or I will go myself. A free £400 chip would be nice and worth the journey I suppose.

Let's see if anyone responds.

A

Anonymous

I think I'll go for one when they come on the market ... not sure about being a guinea pig though!

Are there are club/forum discounts or anything? Other forums I've been members of did........

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
Yes Jassy but this comes with a handheld device that you can revert back to original and then back to remapped mode at your leisure. so no worries about warranty.

Not sure about topping the 200 mark but will be mid to high 190's and great improvement in torque. Oh and betterfuel economy.

Just need someone local to let them take some readings.

Sounds excellent :cool:

A

Anonymous

I have actualy decided to buy a Chip Express module that plugs in, inline and can be removed at any point without a trace of it ever being fitted and only takes 5 minutes to install and remove.

Will take the BHP from 163 to between 194 and 209 and more importantly the torque from 340Nm to between 398Nm and 440Nm.

It will be quicker than the 325D Auto M sport I traded in for the RCZ, oh and it will improve the fuel economy. I will update you on the results.

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
I have actualy decided to buy a Chip Express module that plugs in, inline and can be removed at any point without a trace of it ever being fitted and only takes 5 minutes to install and remove.

Will take the BHP from 163 to between 194 and 209 and more importantly the torque from 340Nm to between 398Nm and 440Nm.

It will be quicker than the 325D Auto M sport I traded in for the RCZ, oh and it will improve the fuel economy. I will update you on the results.

interesting Ryan, how much was that?

A

Anonymous

If you buy it new it's £395, however, I bought one that came off of a VW from Ebay for £81 , I will send it back to Chip Express and they will reprogramme it and provide new cables etc for £149 so £230 in total. Bargain....

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:
If you buy it new it's £395, however, I bought one that came off of a VW from Ebay for £81 , I will send it back to Chip Express and they will reprogramme it and provide new cables etc for £149 so £230 in total. Bargain....

Let us know how you geton with it then, it's something I'd be interested in, especially if it's a plug-in jobby!

A

Anonymous

ryanb said:

i had a tunit box for a diesel car i owned:thumbup: you have one female adapter at one end and one male adapter at the other obviously with box in the middle.all car makers adaptors are of a different shape and size hence they are changing them.but fitting these boxes is tricky to begin with but gets easier the more often you remove/install.but the performance gains are smile producing :thumbup: