What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sun protection

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
:lol: thankfully :eusa-think: over here in the UK with our weather we’re not really in need of Such a device thank god!

I love my RCZ

Reaction score
Good for you. :) We have about 2300 sunny hours a year. I avoid parking in the sun, but sometimes it is inevitable.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Sunshine annual figure here is nearer 3000 hrs. :eusa-whistle:
Never have a problem with motors, as long as air cond. :thumbup:
August and thereabouts can be toasty (40C-ish), and from spring to autumn, usually March to November, I start the car ten minutes before use if it has been sitting in the sun.
Temp of our car park surface is 50C or more during those months and my IR thermometer registered about 70C inside a car. :roll:
Many plastics cannot cope with the UV level, and become brittle, and some red pigments bleach. :thumbdown:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I love my RCZ said:
The sun is very sore, especially for leather seats and left-hand and right-hand electric windows. Has anyone tried this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lanmodo-Automa ... rmvSB=true

On my front seats appear 'first wrinkles' and stains on electric windows. Any recommendation?

I like that, it’s silly :thumbup:

In the UK that would be more of an umbrella than a parasol, and I don’t give it much hope of staying on the car for long with the wind strength we get.

It does appear to be quite an expensive “solution”. I have seen “half” car covers, that just cover the windowed section of the car (top half). Maybe a bit more fiddly to put on, but I would imagine far cheaper & although not giving protection to the bonnet & boot, would offer protection to the areas you are concerned about, regardless of sun direction. :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
August and thereabouts can be toasty (40C-ish), and from spring to autumn, usually March to November, I start the car ten minutes before use if it has been sitting in the sun.
Temp of our car park surface is 50C or more during those months and my IR thermometer registered about 70C inside a car. :roll:
Many plastics cannot cope with the UV level, and become brittle, and some red pigments bleach. :thumbdown:
I see our continental European friends are fond of placing one of those aluminium type covers on the inside of the windscreen when it gets really hot in summer. I often wonder do these provide any earthly purpose at all..... :eusa-whistle:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
stewartwillsher said:
I see our continental European friends are fond of placing one of those aluminium type covers on the inside of the windscreen when it gets really hot in summer. I often wonder do these provide any earthly purpose at all..... :eusa-whistle:
Oh, yes, but not necessarily the benefit you might think of, unless, like me, you sometimes forget to deploy it.
Burnt hands, almost, with steering wheel and gear knob, difficult to avoid touching when driving.
So, to prevent "ow", "ouch", "sh1t that's hot", etc. one of those rolls of shade type things draped over wheel and shift, do make life a little more comfortable if car left in sun, pointing WRONG way!
:beer:

I love my RCZ

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:

Stewartwillsher, you are an ideal Lanmodo buyer. :)

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
I love my RCZ said:
stewartwillsher said:

Stewartwillsher, you are an ideal Lanmodo buyer. :)

Not quite sure this is the gizmo for me. :eusa-think:
For starters, three vehicles to "cover", one of which has a canvas (modern equivalent) foldback roof, so that is not able to have this stuck on it. :thumbdown:
Then, there is the portability.
I assume you can't belt down the autovia (motorway) with it on the roof, albeit folded, so it will only be used back at base, so to speak.
If it folds up quite small, which I doubt, it could be carried and deployed anywhere.
Then there are the reviews, which praise the concept but are less enthusiastic about quality and use. :(
If only usable at base camp then it will sit there on two of the three motors achieving nothing until needed, and a ten minute air cond before use is the way at the moment. :cool:
Bird sh1t, tree sap and weather are no big deal with a hose or pressure washer. :roll:
Sorry, cannot cost justify an interesting but unnecessary accessory. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: