What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Suggestion to Forum Administrators

A

Anonymous

During my short time as amember of this great forum, one thing above all stands out, and that is that there are some very helpful members who have some very good solutions to common and seemingly simple problems.

As a member who has experienced a few problems trying to work out how to do certain things it can be very difficult to find what you need to know as the solutions are often spread over lots of comments and on different threads. In an ideal world the RCZ manual would be all encompassing and have answers to everything we need to know, however, as we know it is not the greatest or even most accurate book in the world and even if it was, not everyone can understand the way these things are generally structured. Anyway enough of the waffle, here is my suggestion:

There should be a section on here that is called "How Do I" or something like this. This would not be a discussion thread it would be an instruction section. that can only be written into by the administrators and everyone else can only read it. This is how I would see the process working.

- Forum members or administrators create very simple and concise instructions which where relevant could contain computer screen shots and or photos.
- Administrators verify that the instructions work, either themselves or through various senior members of the forum.
- When varified the administrators post them and post a note to say new instructions added to advertise the fact.

A couple of recent threads that I have been reading would be great examples of where this would be beneficial.
- Programming your home address in the SAT NAV
- Which Ipods work and which ones don't
- Spare wheel solution
- Etc, etc, etc.

I think you can get the jist of what I am suggesting!!!

What does everyone think?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Ryanb, I think you make some good points. I agree some of the threads do become a little confusing and it's difficult to work out which are solutions and which are not helpful. I suppose what you are saying, if I've understood correctly, is set up Stickys, which contain the right information and have been verified, and then lock them so nothing can be added, unless of course further information comes to light which may be of further use to members. Maybe it's something Tony and myself can work on in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the suggestions.

A

Anonymous

Good idea ryanb.
Your solution to your first suggestion, would pass the test

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Hi Ryanb, I think you make some good points. I agree some of the threads do become a little confusing and it's difficult to work out which are solutions and which are not helpful. I suppose what you are saying, if I've understood correctly, is set up Stickys, which contain the right information and have been verified, and then lock them so nothing can be added, unless of course further information comes to light which may be of further use to members. Maybe it's something Tony and myself can work on in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RCZ1, thats exactly what I mean. Thanks

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Good idea ryanb.
Your solution to your first suggestion, would pass the test

Thanks Ron, anything to make peoples lives easier and help get the full enjoyment out of our investments has to be worth at least thinking about.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Ryan, a good suggestion.

All the information on this forum is generated by all the users and therefore invite all the users to post such guides. I think a perfect example is Kerry's detailing guide guide-full-detail-maintenance-washes-t2030.html.

I think though that even with the most concise guide, users will always have questions, and new solutions to problems may be devised and new info available. Also different people will have different solutions and therefore they may not be only one answer/solution therefore I think it is important to leave these posts open for discussion and not locked.

If anyone writes a guide post, or there is an existing posts worth noting, just let us know (hit the report post button) and I think for now we will just make better use of the "sticky" function, which will leave the post at the top of the relevant forum regardless of when the last post was made. If we get a few of these posts together, we can start a dedicated How to/faq forum.

A

Anonymous

Tony, thanks for your response.

I understand what you are saying and agree that new solutions may be found to some things such as spare wheels, detailing/washing, but things like and how to set the home function into the SAT Nav, how to copy a CD, set up voice dialling, guide me home lights, etc, etc can only be done one way. I personnaly think having these simple instructions all in one place and only listed once would be an excellent addition to the forum and welcomed by many, however, you clearly have more experience than I.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Ryan, once we build up a few instructions I will be happy to move them to a dedicated place. The problem is let say someone has an issue with their Sat Nav, they would probably refer to the technical forum first. This would then cause an element of duplication, where as if the guide is saved in the relevant forum all the information would be together. There is actually no reason, not to have a How To forum, in every individual category though.