What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stripping the Rocker cover.

Calibrazxr750

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to remove the rocker cover from my 2011 200THP, but the plastic air pipe on the left hand side of the engine needs to be removed, so how do i do it? I have removed the two securing screws and the rubber hose at the front, but the rear part looks extremely difficult to get at. Do I need to remove the airbox first, or does the pipe disconnect from the plastic box thing at the rear, or do I have to remove the whole set up from the rear of the engine?

Marmite

Reaction score
I could not get at mine to remove the pipe you need the hands of a small child ! What I did though is remove the engine lifting eye , this will let you move the pipe far enough away to get the cam cover off

Valex

Reaction score
It is just very tight! I was also thinking that I was going to broken something when I removed it the first time o_O .
Try to lose it when the motor is still warm or use a heat gun to soften the plastic.

Calibrazxr750

Reaction score
I could not get at mine to remove the pipe you need the hands of a small child ! What I did though is remove the engine lifting eye , this will let you move the pipe far enough away to get the cam cover off
A very interesting piece of information, I shall certainly give that a go.

Calibrazxr750

Reaction score
It is just very tight! I was also thinking that I was going to broken something when I removed it the first time o_O .
Try to lose it when the motor is still warm or use a heat gun to soften the plastic.
A good tip, thank you. Although I cannot warm the engine as it is in the middle of being stripped for a new timing chain.