What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Strang noise with clutch down and turning steering wheel

Alrczlover

Reaction score
Hello fellow rcz owners!
Newbie to the forum and I've recently noticed a grindy noise coming from the clutch when depressed and turning the steering wheel.
This is when I'm on idle sitting on the driveway! It's not consistent from full lock right to left only in certain areas. I did also notice that the front drivers side outer cv boot is leaking but the boot looks ok so I can only presume that the clips aren't tight enough......whether this is any relation to the clutch noise is unknown to me. Any ideas to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Pedro

Reaction score
Clutch is not part of the steering system but the DM flywheel will grunt & groan after a certain amount of mid to high mileage mine clunks after a longish journey when depressed |I'm not bothered because it works fine
The noise from the steering could be CV joint on the driveshaft is badly worn poss due to low lubrication
I wont commit to the steering rack as its electronic so its hit & miss whether the actually noise is caused by that unit

Alrczlover

Reaction score
Clutch is not part of the steering system but the DM flywheel will grunt & groan after a certain amount of mid to high mileage mine clunks after a longish journey when depressed |I'm not bothered because it works fine
The noise from the steering could be CV joint on the driveshaft is badly worn poss due to low lubrication
I wont commit to the steering rack as its electronic so its hit & miss whether the actually noise is caused by that unit
Thanks for the reply pedro.
I will look into your very helpful suggestions in the near future and will let you know the outcome.
Thanks for your input mate

Alrczlover

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply pedro.
I will look into your very helpful suggestions in the near future and will let you know the outcome.
Thanks for your input mate
I must add that there is no knocking noises when mobile and on full lock which is a good sign for it to just be low lubrication/grease