What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Steering wheel?

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Hi all. I have read that there was an option to have a smaller steering wheel when the RCZ was ordered. Do any of you know if there are any tell tale signs to differentiate between the standard wheel and the smaller version? Looking on ebay etc....I can't work out if any are the smaller item or not. And, is it even worth doing in any of your experiences?

Cheers in advance

James.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Mine has the smaller steering wheel. It’s is definitely nicer to drive than the larger one. More responsive too. If I recall, one of the cars I test drove before buying mine (it is over 7 years ago now!) had the larger wheel. I noticed a difference when I drove one with a smaller wheel, but I can’t remember what the differences were, other than size.

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts there. If you get a chance, could you possibly measure the diameter of your wheel at somepoint please? I could at least ask for the diameter of any I find on fleabay that way. Cheers in advance.

2retro

Reaction score
The bigger wheel is the standard 37cm - 38cm size found in 99% of modern cars. The smaller one will be, um, smaller than that! 😆

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Yeah I understand it's smaller, but it's if there are any actual visual differences, as it is very difficult to ascertain the size from photos on ebay, if you see what I mean?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The quick and easy way to see the difference is the small one has only the chrome rcz badge on it as the bigger ones have three chrome pieces on the wheel and not say rcz... On the flat part of the wheel ..... Hope this helps you out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-093619.png
    Screenshot_20210124-093619.png
    151 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20210124-093544.png
    Screenshot_20210124-093544.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 37

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Whilst I'm thinking about it, would you happen to know if the airbag is the same for both steering wheels? Just that all the ones I've seen for sale, are minus the airbag.

wilsofar

Reaction score
Even though mine appears to have the smaller of the wheels,when I move from my 2008 the steering wheel feels comparatively absolutely enormous,unweidy and heavy!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
The quick and easy way to see the difference is the small one has only the chrome rcz badge on it as the bigger ones have three chrome pieces on the wheel and not say rcz... On the flat part of the wheel ..... Hope this helps you out
Thanks for that V; I now know that LGN has the small wheel, which I was not sure of.

Jambondrums

Reaction score
Well new sports wheel fitted. Easy enough to do, just getting the airbag off was a bit of a bugger. Definitely better to hold as it's more sculpted and feels a bit more direct steering wise!!