What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Steering wheel position

A

Anonymous

Hello again, could anyone tell me if a steering wheel can be aligned by a novice or is it a job for a pro.I would not like an airbag to go poof in my face.problem is when the drive wheels are straight my lovely flat bottom is at an angle (allo allo, i weel say zat only wance)seriously though,This really gets my back up.can any one out there give me an idea. Cheers folks your time is appreciated.jr :helpme: Silver gt 200.

A

Anonymous

Alignment is at the wheels not thy steering wheel. I've had cars where wheel was 10+ degrees out and its all taken up with adjustment at Road wheel end not steering wheel end. Most steering wheels that I'm aware of fit to splined shafts so you have little angular control anyway.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
If you're concerned, the only sensible option is to get it checked by someone with the right gear. If I understand it properly, I believe the RCZ needs specific loads applied to the suspension to check it properly - not a job for the amateur.

I find I need to get the tracking and alignment checked every year or so. Have you looked at the inside and outside edges of your tyres? If you can see signs of uneven wear, this is another indication you need to get your wheel alignment checked.

tianorth

Reaction score
I had this problem with my Renault Grand Espace, Steering at an angle but all adjustment taken up at the wheels (an then only just within limits).

Got the garage I was using to disconnect at the track rod ends, centre the steering wheel, and the equally adjust the track rod ends to get the correct tracking.

From having the tracking check/adjusted every month-2 months, to getting the above procedure done and then not having to get the tracking adjusted for over 2 years (until new tyres), took it back to the garage who did the procedure for them to track (the tyre fitting garage wanted the business - had them check it first). Again didn't need it adjusting for another 3 years.

I must have had 20-30 adjustments at a min of £25 a time.

A

Anonymous

HELLO FOLKS,
NEW TYRES ON THE FRONT. I DO UNDERSTAND THE TEC DETAILS THAT HAVE BEEN VOICED AND I THANK YOU ALL. HOWEVER, CAR DRIVES AS STRAIGHT AS A DIE AND THE OLD TYRES WERE WEARING EVENLY. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT FOR SOME REASON THE STEERING WHEEL HAS BEEN TAKEN OFF AND A LAZY TECY HAS JUST PLONKED IT BACK ON WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT. THE DIFFERENCE WOULD HARDLY BE NOTICABLE IF THE CAR HAD A ROUND STEERING WHEEL.I ALSO WONDER IF THE STEERING BOSS HAS A LARGER SPLINE TO SHOW CORRECT PLACEMENT, IF THIS IS SO THEN THE PROBLEM IS AT THE ROAD WHEEL END AS SUGGESTED.
THANKS FOR THE INFO PEOPLE.
I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME.
JR :clap:

tianorth

Reaction score
Ever thought about contacting the previous owner to see if they had the wheel removed?

If yes and was a Peugeot dealership you should be able to get your local garage to correct it.