What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Standard GT Dash

A

Anonymous

What are people using to clean the dash and door panels. Dont want to put the wrong stuff on and stain it?

A

Anonymous

in the manual is states just use a mild detergent with warm water do not use any chemical cleaners on the dash/trim .

1 it will make it shiney as many spray /cleaners have a silicon based formula

2 its not real leather its as peugeot call it Tech PVC

3 If its Full leather use a good Cleaner Like Simoniz Leather care cream or see autoexpress .co.uk for good reviews on cleaners

RCZ1

Reaction score
DRWHO BLUE GT said:
in the manual is states just use a mild detergent with warm water do not use any chemical cleaners on the dash/trim .

3 If its Full leather use a good Cleaner Like Simoniz Leather care cream or see autoexpress .co.uk for good reviews on cleaners

If it is full leather you will need a leather cleaner to clean it up on a regular basis AND a Leather Protection Cream. The leather protector is applied quarterly and feeds and protects the leather from drying out, cracking and fading. The reason why leather cracks is because moisture comes out of the leather (caused by high temperatures inside the car and heaters etc). Then dirt gets in and it becomes worse and worse.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
If it is full leather you will need a leather cleaner to clean it up on a regular basis AND a Leather Protection Cream. The leather protector is applied quarterly and feeds and protects the leather from drying out, cracking and fading. The reason why leather cracks is because moisture comes out of the leather (caused by high temperatures inside the car and heaters etc). Then dirt gets in and it becomes worse and worse.
Nearly there now, K. In anticipation of getting your car and then the leather re-trim, can you give advice on a product for protecting the leather seats? I've never had pale grey leather before and read on another thread someone warning that the lighter colours are prone to staining. Want to avoid that at all costs so a protective layer as well as nourishment sounds like a plan :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
if its standard gt dash just a wipe with microfibre cloth
Thanks, t110jim. I didn't make myself clear enough so edited my post to include the word 'seats'. I have indeed the simple leather option on order but am concerned about caring for the lama leather seats. Any tips? :helpme:

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
RCZ1 said:
Nearly there now, K. In anticipation of getting your car and then the leather re-trim, can you give advice on a product for protecting the leather seats? I've never had pale grey leather before and read on another thread someone warning that the lighter colours are prone to staining. Want to avoid that at all costs so a protective layer as well as nourishment sounds like a plan :eusa-think:

Hi BangorRCZ

You will need a cleaner and a protection cream for the seats. As I've stated previously, I use the cleaner on the seats about every fortnight to a month. Just helps to keep them free from dirt. Then every 3 months I use the Protection Cream. This as you say, leaves a protection film on the seats, helping to protect the leather. This is a link to what I have been using on both my car and the hubby's since the beginning of the year.
http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Care_Kit.htm

Its a good little pack with everything that you need although I don't personally use the cloth that is supplied with the kit as I think it feels quite rough. I use a softer microfibre cloth.

Hope this helps
K

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Hi BangorRCZ

You will need a cleaner and a protection cream for the seats. As I've stated previously, I use the cleaner on the seats about every fortnight to a month. Just helps to keep them free from dirt. Then every 3 months I use the Protection Cream. This as you say, leaves a protection film on the seats, helping to protect the leather. This is a link to what I have been using on both my car and the hubby's since the beginning of the year.
http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Care_Kit.htm

Its a good little pack with everything that you need although I don't personally use the cloth that is supplied with the kit as I think it feels quite rough. I use a softer microfibre cloth.

Hope this helps
K
Hi Kerry. Thanks so much, top tips as always. This looks the business. :thumbup: Good luck for tomorrow :dance: