What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Squeeling Noise on Pull Off

A

Anonymous

I have a petrol turbo model and experience a squeeling noise for a few seconds on pull off and of course it is intermittant so not easy to simulate. It occurs from standing when on a slight incline and particularly when wheels are slightly to the right but not always. Had the vehile at the dealers who replaced one left upper shock mounting. Did not solve the problem, now due to replace the right. Part takes 10 working days to arrive from France because I live in South Africa. Others must have experienced this problem because the car is 10 months old and has done only 5000km.

A

Anonymous

it doesn't really help you with the problem, but it did make me snigger when I read the title of your post ;)

A

Anonymous

Mine makes a slight "groaning" noise when I move the steering wheel pulling out of the garage.
Put it down to the Power Steering.

Doesn't happen all the time, so not too bothered.

Definitely not a squealing noise - isn't that usually a fan belt :eusa-think:

Hope you get sorted soon whatever it is :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I think the clue is "on a slight incline".
Try this:-
Use a hose pipe to wash the brake disc and brake calipers, be VERY thorough, wash the back as well as the front (and I mean both the back of the brakes, as well as the back brakes) Move the car during the wash (just a foot will do) then try it again to see if it still squeals.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
I think the clue is "on a slight incline".
Try this:-
Use a hose pipe to wash the brake disc and brake calipers, be VERY thorough, wash the back as well as the front (and I mean both the back of the brakes, as well as the back brakes) Move the car during the wash (just a foot will do) then try it again to see if it still squeals.

Paul141

Brake dust, this was my first thought , you could even buy a can of brake cleaner, and spray inside and around the caliper and pads :eusa-think: