What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Squeeky window

A

Anonymous

For some apparant reason my drivers side window shudders on the way down and squeeks on the way up, but only in the rain.
Its perfectly normal in the dry.
Any ideas ?

A

Anonymous

JOAKES said:
If it's rain only, the rubbers might be perished.

:thumbdown: cars done 1100 miles and is 4 months old :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

True, but there have been other things like rusty hubs from new

A

Anonymous

Good point,
i have inspected the rubber and it looks ok, but they do extend down into the door cavity so maybe thats where the problem is, i guess another vist to a dealer is on the cards :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Good point,
i have inspected the rubber and it looks ok, but they do extend down into the door cavity so maybe thats where the problem is, i guess another vist to a dealer is on the cards :thumbdown:

jactac I reckon the majority of your mileage can be accounted for by trips to and from the main dealers. Drive the damn car and stop looking for faults. It's like a good woman at the end of the day. You love her so much that you overlook the odd imperfection. It is only a Peugeot after all :beer:

A

Anonymous

i love good women Ron, but not bloody squeeky ones :lol:

A

Anonymous

My driver's side window also squeaks when I lower it on rainy days although it doesn't shudder. I regularly use an underground car park and have to lower the window to grab an entry ticket. It doesn't squeak when I raise it though.

I just put it down to my window being squeaky clean :thumbup: I clean my windows with a Meguires product which perhaps makes it extra "grippy" against the rubber.

RCZoom

A

Anonymous

Flash's drivers window squeaks sometimes in the rain but I still love him - it has done since I got him but it's just one of his quirks and I still love him :)

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Just had mine back from some maintenance work and they valeted the car.

Don't know what products they used but both windows squeaked until I cleaned them again. I used rain-x, but I'm not sure if that's important. I just know I cleaned off whatever was left behind from th valet.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again - make sure your seals are lubricated. Keeps them supple and wlll stop things like this happening.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - make sure your seals are lubricated. Keeps them supple and wlll stop things like this happening.

my window has squeeked even a grating sound on something :crazy:
i have not used it since. rcz1 lubricate what exactly :lol: