What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Squeaky suspension or shock absorbers

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi,
I have noticed that the back end of my car is incredibly squeaky if i stand on the door frame and bounce it. I noticed the problem when i heard an odd chirping going over speedbumps.
i previously had a major oil leak from the oil filter housing and this seeped oil all down the middle of the car to the back. I expect some got into the bushings.
other than changing out the bushings is there another solution?
perhaps some silicone or ptfe spray?

thanks

tm2204

Reaction score
Silicon spray is an excellent lubricant, especially on rubber. If you smoother one bushing or suspension part or shock mount at a time you'll quickly find out which one is giving the problem and you can look to sort it out or replace 👍 Go forth Clouseau 😂 😂

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi,
I have noticed that the back end of my car is incredibly squeaky if i stand on the door frame and bounce it. I noticed the problem when i heard an odd chirping going over speedbumps.
i previously had a major oil leak from the oil filter housing and this seeped oil all down the middle of the car to the back. I expect some got into the bushings.
other than changing out the bushings is there another solution?
perhaps some silicone or ptfe spray?

thanks
Wash the suspected bushes with degreaser let them dry out thoroughly first then apply a light spray of silicone or even white spray grease then leave it to soak if it persists then maybe the rubber bushes have perished or started to crack due to the Engine oil has possibly contaminated the rubbers just keep washing & lubricating to see if it disappears this always appears after a long dry spell of hot weather on a lot of cars
Good luck 👍